[23]

WORD COUNT: 700 words

Your POV

coma.
coma.
coma.

the words echo in my mind, I can't process it. The person I love is in such slumber where his awake is completely unsure. The tears that once escaped my eyes are now no more; face dry yet tear-stained, it falls into a stare. A desperate stare. Hoping it wasn't true because, how could it be?

Jared could possibly never wake up

no

Not when he told me he'll never leave me

no

Not when we just graduated and now have acquired freedom

no

Not when I still have my whole life left to love him.

NO

I should stop with these thoughts, I'm overthinking. He could just wake up later or tomorrow and it'll be all good.

The doctor permits us to go in and I slowly go to his bedside and sit on the chair. He's covered in bandages but his beautiful face isn't, his long lashes are such complimenting features. He looks so peaceful, as if he hadn't a clue of the disaster which is this world. At that moment, I was glad he looked at peace; I know his head is full of thoughts albeit him never admitting to it.

I brush my hand against his cheek

"wake up red, please?"

I say in the softest voice I could muster, and everything comes back. The cold feeling of worry, sadness and anxiety fills my body in contrast to the hot tears I now feel on my face. A lot of negative thoughts surging through my mind.

I grab his hand

"c'mon open your eyes"

I smile through the tears and whisper, my stare never leaving him. I heard my name being called once or twice but right now, I don't care. I just want to be with Jared.

Here, sitting next to him

observing him

partially taking care of him?

and most definitely, waiting for him to awaken.

><><

I open my eyes and realize that I've fallen asleep in my seat, still clutching on to Jared's unconscious hand. With the same hopeless look and head filled with the same thoughts, I glance at him still peacefully resting. I look around and see Evan leaned in Connor's shoulder on the brown leather couch just a few steps from the door. Quite the peaceful aura binds them as they're sat there asleep, with the faintest sound of snoring going around the room.

All I can think was, I don't want to leave jared's side. I just want to sit here until he wakes up from his sweet slumber that's causing thoughts I never knew would enter my head.

I look at his heartbeat monitor, which is the only other thing breaking the silence. The lines move in such a movement providing me comfort, for some reason. His heartbeat is slow but not slow enough for it to be alarming. I look back at the boy on the bed and place my head near his.

"hey red, i don't know if you can hear this but I just want to say that you mean a whole lot to me and you need to wake up some time please?"

I crack a smile and a tiny chuckle because what the hell am I doing?

I don't stop though.

><><

it's been about 4 hours since I woke up, still here telling Jared stories and little messages and wishes that he'd open his beautiful eyes.

At this point, Evan and Connor are awake and they went out to fetch food; they haven't been gone for long but it really does feel like it. All the while they're gone, I just stare at Jared. No more words, no more whispers and no more memory-telling. Just plainly sitting there and observing, it was peaceful, quiet and nothing felt wrong.

Obviously a feeling that don't last because the moment Evan and Connor open the door, I fall into another spiral. Thinking of thoughts I should NOT be thinking about.

They hand me my food and we started to converse while eating, I wasn't paying my full attention. My mind was fixated on Jared, and only him.

><><

It's been a whole 2 weeks, 14 days.