17

Third-person pov:

"Lena! Help me please- I can't take it anymore." He screamed, restrained, or so it felt like. Surrendered to the dark corner of his room as the hot, sappy tears stuck to his eyelids, running down the pink of his cheeks. "I need you, I'm so sorry! Help me!" An attack in his chest, swelling each time he called out for the young girl. "It hurts!" He clung to the rapid beating of his heart, scratching at his chest trying to calm the pain. "Please! Lena!" Each call for her only worsened his state of mind and physique.

Throwing up in the bin, sat beside him, every other moment. Words strangling his throat.

This was Zach's last chance. His last chance before the body he lived in was no longer his own and would be forced to watch the demons within take over and finally destroy his last little bit of happiness, his last little ounce of hope as they tore through her, ripping her beating heart clean from her chest.

Zach was hopeless in this situation, he needed Lena but knew it was a waste of time praying for her to show up, to save him, to do anything to make the pain stop. I mean, why would she show up? After everything thats happened, Lena wants nothing to do with Zach. He's caused chaos wherever he goes. Tearing the throat out of the nearest person and feasting on their lifeless, blood-filled body.

But she knew. She knew in that second something was wrong. She couldn't tell with who or what, but she flung from the bed, slipping on her nearest coat and pair of shoes before going to her friend's room, finding her happily asleep. "Gabs?" Lena walked closer, softly tapping her friend until she woke. "Lena? What's wrong, are you okay?" Frantically, Gabbie sat up, grabbing Lena by the hand. "No no, I'm okay. Don't worry, but I think something's wrong. Or I don't know. Something bad is about to happen. I feel it." She paused, sucking in a breath of recollection, "I think Zach needs me. I have to go."

"What? Lena no! Don't you remember what you told me after you got back from there yesterday? You said there was- "

"No hope saving him, yes I know! But I can't explain it. I feel drawn to him right now. And if he's hurting I have to go Gabbie." Without another word, Lena left her room, grabbing her keys and slamming the front door behind her.

Zach did need her, but she didn't comprehend how bad it was. She needed to hurry, speed over the limit, do anything just to be there with him. Because if not, then that's it. They won, the demons won, and this whole time would have been for nothing. Zach would belong to them, surrender to them. And surely, no amount of treatment could save him after that.

Lena didn't hesitate to speed over the limit, flying down the roads and whipping around corners to the asylum, her anxiety attack worsening as she neared the gloomy building. She was mortified, the pouncing feeling in her chest stung, grounding into her chest cavity like a knife. Her pain was just as unbearable as Zachary's, she knew he had fucked up but she also knew he needed her. He needed her more than ever.

And when Lena finally pulled up to Rolling Hills, she fought with the guard, throwing her I.D in his face and rushing through the front doors, screaming for Logan without a care for the patients asleep. "Logan, please!" Her steps quickened, running towards his office. "Logan, are you here?!" She ran in, finding Logan flipping through files, quickly turning around after hearing Lena's shrill voice call for him.

"Lena, what're you- " She cut him off, "I don't have time for that, Zach needs me, give me the key, please. I can't explain, just give me the keys." Logan pulled the desk drawer wide open, grabbing Zachary's room key and tossing it to Lena in which she thanked him and ran off for the elevator, shoving in button 3, and letting the machine wire her up to the third floor.

Lena was quick with her step, practically running down the hall, shoving the key into the lock, and flinging the door wide open to find Zach kept away in the corner, laid out on his back seizing. "Zach, hey!" She rushed to him, flipping him to his side and letting the seizure calm down, holding his hand for reassurance. "I'm here Zach, it's okay, I'm here now." Lena sat back on her heels, soothing her other hand up and down his arm until his body halted, stopping itself. Zach stayed quiet, eyes locked on the corner of his desk until he switched to Lena.

"Lena you're- ah ow!" He wailed out, clutching his chest in agony, whimpering out to Lena as she pulled him up and close to her body, squeezing him in a hug. "It's alright babe. Listen to my voice, I will get you through this." Her hand soothed over his naked chest, trying to ease the pressure. "Zach hey-, " tilting his head up, Lena kept one hand under his chin now, "kiss me." His eyes widened, confused. "Just trust me." Her smile numbed the swelling in his chest, leaning in, Zach took her lips just as she had said. Her lips hid the stinging from his mind, making Zach forget the harsh pain. He kept both hands on each side of her face, letting the warmth of her lips blind him before pulling back.

"How did- why did that work? It doesn't hurt anymore." He sighed out, collapsing against her chest. "You were having a panic attack, Zach so when we kissed, it stopped the attack because you were focused on me." Lena smiled, running her fingers through his hair. "I'm going to have you moved to a secluded building just for you. Where you won't have to worry about having an attack again also Corbyn and I would be able to visit whenever we want." He sat up again, a small fine line smile across his face. "Corbyn...how is he? Did he tell you about...what happened?"

"Yes. I spoke with him before I came here. You love him, don't you? You want to be with him, I mean?" Lena didn't mind, she knew the two were meant for each other and she loved that. "Yeah, I do love him. But Lena, what if he doesn't want me anymore? Especially after what I did."

Zachary bit him, his closest friend through it all, the person who he hoped to never hurt. "Zach after I move you, I'll have Corbyn transferred to the building. I can stay in the other room, but you two need to talk because you'll never know, alright? I love you and always will, but you guys are meant for each other. I didn't see it before but now I do. You need Corbyn, he's your anchor. He keeps you grounded Zach, more than I ever could. You love each other, and I mean real love." Lena gave one last hug before standing and pulling Zach up with her.

As she led him back to his small bed pushed up against the wall, Zach cried. For the first time in front of her, Lena got him back into bed, wiping away the tears with the pad of her thumb." What's wrong?" "You saved me, Lena, " he smiled, "thank you so much." Zach let out one final yawn before drifting off, exhaustion finally overcoming his body. Lena made sure to tuck him in, kissing his forehead softly. "You're welcome, Zach." Her small voice whispered, unlocking the door and leaving.

___________________________________

After she had returned the keys to Logan, she bellowed a goodbye and hopped back into her Jeep, driving home to pass out back in her warm bed.

Wc/1330