16

Lena's POV:

As I promised yesterday to Logan, I would go visit Zach and talk to him when he's sober because apparently I'm the only one who can get anything out of him. But before anything else, I need to see Corbyn and find out his side.

It was just a visit so I pulled on some leggings and one of Jonah's hoodies, slipping my vans on before tossing my hair into a ponytail. I kissed Jonah goodbye after brushing my teeth and doing my other nessecities before walking to the kitchen to grab a water.

Once I had the water, I made sure I had everything else before locking up the house and walking off to my Jeep.

For some reason, L.A. was oddly cold this morning, good thing I have Jonah's sweatshirt on. I sat the water into the holder, placed my key into the ignition and buckled my seatbelt while I waited for it to warm up.

My Jeep only takes a few minutes to warm up so I was on my way to Corbyn's in no time. He lives around half an hour away so I stopped and ordered a frappe from Starbucks.

Jonah and I are alike in that way, we both need our coffee in the morning or we will not function properly.

On the way to Corbyn's, I messaged him saying I'd be there in about thirty minutes, he said okay and I tossed my phone back into my purse.

The only thing I know so far is that they kissed which honestly doesn't surprise me, but again, Zach could be lying. With the numerous amount of lies I have heard come out of that boys mouth, I wouldn't be surprised if he had lied to me.

Ten more minutes or so and I pulled into the driveway at Corbyn's apartment, turning my key to shut the car off and get out. The entire ride here my stomach was queasy and sloshing around with anxiety. I gave Corbyn's door a couple knocks and waited, watching from the small side window as he unlocked and opened the door.

"Hey Corbyn, thanks for letting me come over." He smiled and pulled me into a hug before moving aside and letting me in. "Of course Lena, n-no proble-m."

"Has your stutter come back?" I made my way to the couch, taking a seat as Corbyn hesitantly joined beside me. "Yes. After the whole Za-ach problem, it s-howed up again." He spoke. I listened, reaching over to grab ahold of one of his hands.

My face held sympathy for there was nothing I could do about Zach, he's a lost cause right now until I go and figure out the details from him later. I can, however, help Corbyn fix that stutter. "Corbyn um, here." I reached into my purse and pulled anti-relaxants out, sitting then gently into the palm of his hand. "Take one a day and your shutter will be gone before you know it."

He smiled and leaned into a side hug. "Thanks, Lena." After setting the pills on the coffee table, he turned to bring his knees up to his chest as he now faced me. "So what can I h-help you with?"

I bit my lip, bouncing my knee deciding whether to open my mouth or not and ask about the two's kiss. I had to go see Zach in twenty minutes so that didn't give me much time. "I need to know what exactly happened between you and Zach?" His face held no emotion. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Good or bad? Happy or sad? I'm not sure.

"I can t-tell you L-lena," Corbyn froze, biting the inside of his cheek before gathering himself closer to me and started talking. "Zach he- showed up w-when Christina and I were w-watch-ing a movie. I didn't even...he didn't even give me time to process what ha-appened when he kissed me. C-christina stormed out after she y-yelled at me and I haven't seen her since."

I brought him close, letting his body tuck into the side of mine as he continued, the stuttering only worsened though. "We w-went on for a ll-llittle bit l-longer then he pul-led away, going on about how he...kk-illed some g-ggirl." Fear quivering in his voice. "I was terrified, Lena. Something I've never been with Zach." I could visibly feel Corbyn shaking into my side, crying.

I leaned over, grabbing the blanket on the far left to tuck around him as I ran a soft hand up and down his back. "Corbyn don't worry. I'll get him back okay. But I can't take him out again, not after everything he's done." I gave him a tight squeeze, shushing his shivers. "Ye-es Lena. I love h-him but, what h-he did was out of ha-and."

It was better if Zach stayed locked up, for the sake of everyone's life, Zachary Dean Herron needs to stay in insolation, away from others, only wrestling with his own tormented mind as he withers away.

I should have never helped him, never fallen for him, never trusted a psychopath with such a demented demeanor. That was my obvious first mistake.

"Corbyn, sweetheart, I have to go. I have to see him now. Is there anything else I need to know?" Eye contact held during the question, he nodded with an answer. "Yes, Za-ach he um. He bb-bitt me, Le-na." Corbyn raised his arm, showing a ghastly bite bruising over his forearm, dried blood scattered down his skin. "I t-told him to s-stop. Screaming,
b-egging for him to quit. But something t-took over. Whatever bit me, w-wasn't Zach."

Exactly what I had feared. The voices, demons took over, never to let Zach speak again. That's their body now and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to save him or not. I too was close to this point in my transition but my therapist thankfully hadn't failed me as I've done with Zach. She was strict, well kept, and intelligent. She never gave into my bullshit, but I feel for Zach, leading me to trust him in a dangerous situation.

I apologized to Corbyn, holding him in a big bear hug before running off to the bathroom and grabbing everything I needed to patch him up.

___________________________________

After Corbyn was patched up, I hugged him goodbye and left to my car, starting it and driving off to the penitentiary, my mind wrestling with dangerous thoughts.

A/n- I know it's not much but I do hope you all still enjoy it. The next chapter should hopefully be longer.

Wc/1138