15

Lena's POV:

Zach and I are on a break. You've missed a lot of signs just as I have. He completely trashed my bathroom and burned all of his medication.

I found most of his clothes torn to shreds and my carpet now faintly stained red. I found this all after I got home from a job interview.

My apartment a mess, and Gabbie hiding in the pantry, shaking from head to toe with a bruised wrist. She told me Zach forced her around then threw her in there when he was done.

He's been behaving like a complete lunatic. Cussing me out every five minutes and staying up through the night at weird hours doing god knows what.

I've been staying with Jonah who is absolutely the sweetest. He gave me his bed to sleep in and took the couch even though I argued with him for hours that he didn't have to.

Zach's been gone over a month now so I ended up here and Gabbie ended up with Jack obviously.

It's around midnight now. I went to bed at ten but I had a nightmare. The same nightmare I had every night.

Zach chases me through some dark alley with dead bodies of people I know and in the end, he stabs a knife straight through my heart.

I was fed up with this crap now. It's been over a month, I looked for him, I did but nothing came up. I should be over it by now.

I tossed the covers off of my body then made my way down the small hallway in Jonah's apartment, and to his kitchen.

I passed by Jonah, one arm draped over his face and the other hanging off of the couch. He'd thrown the blanket off sometime in the night because it was on the floor.

When I walked into the kitchen I was careful grabbing a glass to fill up with some water. I turned the tap on and filled the glass halfway before chugging it down.

I placed the glass down on the counter and rested my back against the fridge, holding my face in my hands as I inhaled a deep breath. "Can't sleep?"

I jumped and turned to the doorway, Jonah stood there, messy hair and arms crossed.

"No. I had the nightmare again." I sighed.

Jonah walked to the sink and grabbed a glass, filled it up with a few sips of water then gulped it down before placing the glass back. "I'm sorry Len."

He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on top of my head. "Will you lay with me?" I blurted into his chest.

I felt his chest move slightly as he chuckled and brought his hand to my chin, raising my head towards his direction. "Sure."

Jonah turned around and slightly crouched down. I knew exactly what he was implying so I jumped up as I gripped his shoulders and wrapped my legs around the front of him.

He gave me a piggyback ride all the way to the bedroom before lightly tossing me onto the bed. I giggled and slipped underneath the covers, feeling the mattress dip beside me as he climbed in.

I was facing one way and he faced the other, our faces never glancing at one another. The room became silent, kind of awkward if you ask me.