10

Lena's POV:

I had just got back from the funeral,and I wanted nothing more than to kick my shoes off,have a nice hot chocolate,and watch Stranger Things,but sadly I had to go to the asylum.Seems Zach's gotten worse,and nobody can get him under control.He'd gone far off the rails with me being gone for a few days,and apparently I'm the only one who can get him back.

All my bickering inside my head eventually lead me to the asylum,I had become so distracted that I didn't even realize I pulled into the parking lot.I did the usual,showing my badge,greeting the staff,and getting the keys for Zach's room.

I was glad I decided on opening the door because I had found Zach in the middle of the floor seizing with blood down his arms.In minutes,I had Logan and a room full of nurses in there,taking Zach to the infirmary within seconds.I followed along of course,watching as they hooked up machines,and tubes to his body,cleaned the blood from his arm,and placed a cold rag across his forehead.

They let me wait with him,and said give it about thirty minutes before he starts to stir around,and when he does that I should call them in to check up on him.I wished he'd quite going back to slicing his arms open,and nearly killing himself,I wished we had got somewhere,I thought we were getting somewhere,I hoped with everything we were getting somewhere,but looks like we weren't.

He started surfacing around an hour later,so I called a nurse in.She checked his vitals,made sure his fever was dying down then left for us to talk.

Zach:Alright listen,I don't wanna hear some sob story as to how you thought we were making progress or some shit,Just go home,nobody likes you,and I sure as hell don't like you.

Me:Zach,why do you shut me out,why do you shu-

Zach:Because I'm afraid!okay?Is that what you wanted to hear.

Me:Afraid of what Zach?

Zach:I'm afraid that if I actually let in your help that it's gonna change me,and I'm gonna continue to fall in love with you,okay!I'm scared of loving you because what if one day after I'm better,I go back to how I am now,and hurt you.I can't do that.

Me:You're falling in love with me?

Zach:My plan was to get you to fall for me,and then I'd kill you,but it didn't go that way when I started falling for you.I did what I did tonight to try and get you out of my head,but that didn't even work.You've got me surrendered Lena.

I was in awe,Zachary,the one who had murdered many,fell in love with me,and truth is that I had fallen in love with him to.I know it seems crazy,an ex psycho,and a recent psycho in love.I understand his struggle,everyday I fear I'll go back to how I used to be,and it scares the constant hell out of me.He's got an eye of death,and any move he makes should scare me,but it doesn't.

I pushed on the arms of the chair,sending me to my feet.I needed him to know I loved him to,and this is the only way I knew that would get to him.I had straddled his lower waist,watching as his look changed.

He propped himself on his elbows,and waited for my next move.Leaning into his lips was frightening,but yet I kept going until our lips met,pushing into each other.Zach let his hands go to my waist,and deepened the kiss,both of our airways were blocked,but nothing mattered in the moment.We did part after a few minutes later,catched a breath or two,and just enjoyed the moment.