{Chapter 18}

{A/N: Hi! So this chapter was supposed to be How the Zane Stole Christmas but I find that that gives a big F U to his character development. Also, Pinkie Cake isn't real. Only Santa is real!!! Instead, here's this! Enjoy!}

Despite all the drama happening between the people of Mystreet, life continued to move on. The day passed and Garroth and Laurance still hadn't spoken a word to one another. Whereas everyone else was finally at peace, at least for a moment.

Now, it was Christmas Eve. A time when everyone should be bonding and spreading Christmas cheer instead of COVID-19, but that doesn't exist in this universe now, does it?

===

Standing in front of the oven door, Aphmau was waiting intently for her chocolate chip cookies to be baked to perfection. Only the best for Santa. She already had her plate and cup picked out for him. The milk she chose wasn't whole milk though, Santa was getting 2% this year.

So focused on her cookies, Aphmau didn't even notice Katelyn walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, Aphmau, what are you doing?"

Aphmau let out a yelp as she whipped her head around to face her.

"My Irene! Katelyn, you scared me!"

"That sounds like a personal problem. Anyways, what are you doing?"

"Oh!" Aphmau turned back around to check on her cookies. "I'm baking cookies for Santa. Did you forget that it was Christmas Eve already?"

Katelyn stopped in her tracks, her eyes boring into her roommate's soul. Aphmau wasn't serious, right? Of course, this had to have been a joke.

"Why?" Katelyn asked tentatively as if she would set Aphmau off with words.

"Well, I'm not going to use Kawaii~Chan's cookies. Next thing you know he's gonna eat one of her sleeping cookies and-"

Aphmau let out a gasp. The lightbulb above her head shined brightly as a newfound idea entered her mind.

"I need to call Kawaii~Chan! We're gonna catch Santa!" Aphmau yelled as she started running toward her room.

Katelyn stood there in utter disbelief. Too much was going on right now to process.

Aphmau's precious cookies were still in the oven, and now she planned on drugging Santa. Not only that, Aphmau was planning on calling KC's phone even though she was upstairs.

Sighing, Katelyn turned off the oven and took out Aphmau's cookies. Hopefully, these cookies were good because she knew that Santa would not be the one eating them tonight. As she placed the rack of cookies onto the counter, Aphmau came back downstairs with her phone. Immediately, Katelyn snatched it and held it out of reach.

"Katelyn, give that back! I have a very important phone call to make!" Aphmau demanded, reaching her arms up to try and grab her phone back. Unfortunately, it dawned on her that she was, in fact, still short.

Pathetic.

"Aphmau, I'm gonna need you to sit down for this," Katelyn explained, motioning to the dining room chairs. "There's something I need to tell you."

Begrudgingly, Aphmau complied and sat down with her arms crossed. Katelyn sat down in the chair across from her and took a deep breath. How was she even supposed to explain to an adult that Santa wasn't real?

"Aphmau-" Katelyn began, but was immediately cut off by Kawaii~Chan coming down the stairs and going straight for the pantry.

The two girls watched as the Meif'wa brought out her jar of sleeping cookies and started to package a dozen into a box. She put the jar away and grabbed the coat she left in the dining room, passing the two confused girls.