{Chapter 7}

{A/N: I'M SO SORRY I PROMISE I'M NOT DEAD!}

A few days had passed since the new neighbors on Mystreet officially moved into their homes. Boxes neatly packed away into storage, cursed to never see the light of day again for at least several years. Meals consisting of the full food pyramid now thanks to a fully stocked fridge instead of daily takeout. With the house settled in and stomachs full, the new neighbors could rest their heads on their fully made beds without any worry. Unfortunately, peace was only a temporary feeling.

Garroth and Laurance scrambled past one another, each holding a varying array of cleaning equipment and trash bags. Was it cleaning day? Not necessarily. Laurance gathered up every Chinese, pizza, and frozen meal takeout box and haphazardly shoved them into a bag. He paid extra attention to the living room, where remnants of a late-night movie with the guys were strewn about the place. Bowls of kernels from homemade popcorn, empty bottles of Poopsi, and tissues for all the tears they shed during The Notebook. The smell of extremely burnt popcorn was still in the air from a small mishap from last night... but that was a problem that the guys were hoping some spray would fix.

When the bag was full, he ran into the garage and threw it in the air in the hopes of it landing in their large trash bin. The trash instead hit the side of the trashcan, knocking it over and spilling its contents. The contents then knocked over the recycling bin, which emptied all the contents in that container as well. Laurance stood there and sighed.

"Fuck."

Garroth, on the other hand, had a nice time frantically spraying every surface he came upon to make everything squeaky clean. Of course, he had to spend a little bit of time checking himself out in every mirror he came across. It's important to make sure his looks haven't spoiled in the last five minutes.

What could have caused these two dorks to go into such a panic? Girls. More specifically, Aphmau, Katelyn, and Kawaii~Chan were coming over for a house tour. Despite Aphmau telling them that she didn't mind a mess since their own house was just as messy, Garroth and Laurance were determined to spiffy up their house.

The two met up in the living room to check through everything they had done so far.

"Did you get rid of the trash?" Garroth asked, completely out of breath.

"Yes! Did you spray down everything?" Laurance asked with frantic eyes.

"Uh-huh!"

"Did you put all the toilet seats down?"

The color drained from Garroth's face, and his eyes widened.

"Oh no! I forgot!" Garroth exclaimed as he put both of his hands in his hair. Laurance slapped his hands onto both sides of Garroth's face as he began to lightly shake him.

"Garroth, they are going to be here any minute now! What if Aphmau needs to go to the bathroom and falls in? She's short; she will never recover from such a trauma!" Laurance shouted.

"I know, and I'm sorry!" Garroth wailed as he placed his own hands over Laurance's, trying to pry them off.

"What are you guys yelling about?" Dante asked as he came out of his room. He stared at Garroth and Laurance, more specifically at the position the two were in. "Oh no, not again. You guys can't be wanting to play gay chicken now."

At Dante's statement, the two stepped back from one another, confused at Dante's implication and shocked at his bold assumption.

"Wait- What? No! Dante for the last time, we aren't dating!" Laurance defended himself, putting his hands out in front of him.

"Uh-huh," Dante hummed, unconvinced, "and I don't have 10 fingers." Even though he wasn't there for the aftermath of their "gay chicken" fiasco, he was never going to let those two live that down. Kiss or no kiss, there was something going on between those two.