{Chapter 3}

Garroth, Laurance and Dante arrived at their potential new home on Mystreet the next morning. If all went well here, then the trio would finally put a deposit on the house.

Dante was originally wary about moving in with the duo. He wasn't about to move into a house because his friends wanted to live closer to their crush, but looking closely, the house was actually really nice. They could, ideally, all do their own thing without getting in each other's way. Besides, he did not want to get in the middle of Garroth and Laurance's love lives.

Garroth was still a bit unsure about this whole situation. The upside was that both the house and neighborhood were good and safe. It wouldn't be a bad idea to live here with Dante and Laurance if it weren't for the circumstances of their situation. The downside was that the main reason they were deciding to move was because of Aphmau. To him, it was okay the first time Laurance suggested moving in together in the apartment next to her, but now something was just a bit off, and it was bothering him. Whatever it was, Laurance wasn't feeling the same. At this point, he felt like he was only starting to do this for Laurance rather than himself.

Laurance was all for this decision to move. Moving into a well-made house while being with the girl he was in love with was like killing two birds with one stone. He had been noticing, though, that Garroth wasn't matching his enthusiasm as much after a while. Ever since they started rooming with each other after college, Garroth hadn't shown as much attraction to Aphmau as Laurance had. Sure, he had his moments, but aside from that, he hadn't shown much drive toward getting Aphmau's heart; it was probably just some sort of phase. He would be back to his normal self before he knew it.

After they took a walk through the house and the surrounding area, they all agreed to move into the house and left to go pick up their paperwork and make payments.

As Garroth and Laurance were driving home, Laurance looked over at Garroth and noticed that he was staring off into space with his brows furrowed. Laurance broke the silence between them.

"Hey bro, are you still upset about the move?" He asked, his eyes focused back on the road. Garroth snapped out of his thoughts.

"What? No, I'm fine. Why?" he questioned with a raised brow.

"It just seems like you haven't been as interested in this as I am."

"Maybe that's because we just bought a house for the sole purpose of living closer to Aphmau."

Dang it, so this was still about Aphmau.

"I know you're not too happy about it, but trust me, this is a great opportunity for us. We get to live in a nice house with plenty of space, and we get to be closer to a lot of friends. Your brother lives in the neighborhood too. You can try to become better buds with your 'baby brother'."

Garroth was silent, but Laurance knew he was still listening. Laurance sighed; it was time for his last resort. "If I buy you a cake, will that make you happy?"

Garroth's eyes lit up as he looked over at Laurance and nodded vigorously. Laurance laughed and started driving to one of the cake shops nearby.

===

Aphmau and Aaron arrived at a local cake shop to buy a cake for the dinner that night. Aphmau looked in awe at the different cakes around her. So this was what heaven looked like.

"Um, Aphmau, if you don't mind me asking, why exactly are you going to buy a cake?" Aaron questioned as he looked over to her. Aphmau snapped out of her cake fantasies and looked back at Aaron.

"Oh! I don't know... This might sound stupid, but I want to give it to everyone as a thank you for being my friends. This is a pretty big moment for me to move out, and I really want you guys to know how much I appreciate the friendships I have with you all," Aphmau admitted. Aaron smiled at her. This woman was too pure for this world.