{Chapter 15}

{A/N: Guess who jinxed themselves. That's right, this idiot. I'm so sorry about that! I wasn't able to write anything for two days and the chapter was supposed to be updated yesterday, but it was a lot longer than expected. Also, I've created the tumblr account! The ask box on it should be open so ask away if you want! The next episode will also be broken up into two parts. I'm starting to wonder just how long this fanfiction is actually going to be. With about 40 episodes in the season, plus any extra chapters I add in, this is going to take a while. I hope you guys stay for the journey!}

Psst! Here's the link to the tumblr:

http://the-egg.tumblr.com/

TW: Mentions of drug use

"Hello there, handsome~"

Being the gentleman that he was, Reese accepted his fate and gave Michi a light peck on the lips.

Kawaii~Chan watched as it all went down. She hoped that Reese wouldn't accept the kiss. She hoped that Reese would kiss her instead. She hoped that Michi wouldn't do something that would hurt her like this. Michi was Kawaii~Chan's friend, right? Despite having all these hopes, she knew the truth. Especially when it was right in front of her.

Her heart dropped to her stomach, shattering into a million pieces. She felt her body convulse as she tried to hold back tears. She was just beginning to come to terms with her and Reese not being meant to be, but now was a bit too soon. Yet that wasn't what had hurt her the most. People have said that breaking up with a friend would be worse than breaking up with someone you're dating. Well, Kawaii~Chan wasn't dating Reese, but having someone she trusted go behind her back to kiss the guy she was head over heels for was a shock to her. People had told her that Michi wasn't a good person and that she was a petty double-crosser. Someone who was completely selfish and only gave when she got something greater in return.

Was this just another one of Michi's games? They had been friends since high school; did all of that mean nothing to her?

Although the kiss was brief, the amount of turmoil it sent Kawaii~Chan through was far longer. As if she didn't have anything else going wrong in her day, this had to happen too.

Footsteps could be heard upstairs as Aphmau came back down without the heart of her one true lover, Celestia. From her position, she couldn't see the non-existent front door. Standing on one of the steps, looking down at her friends below, she asked,

"What's going on down here?"

Nicole looked around. From the broken door to the shipping argument, Nicole didn't know where to start. What she did know, however, was the tension between Aphmau and her two roommates. She wanted them to interact more. Besides, she especially loved poking fun at Katelyn.

"Oh nothing," she replied slyly, "Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn have just been hosting the party."

Aphmau looked at her roommates in shock.

"Really?" she asked, unsure if this was a joke or not. It was, but she didn't know that.

Kawaii~Chan didn't respond, still lost in trying to ride the waves of inner turmoil in her mind. Katelyn, on the other hand, knew exactly what Nicole was up to.

"Oh, hell no! I'm going back to my room," Katelyn announced. Ignoring everyone, she sauntered up the stairs and out of sight, avoiding eye contact with Aphmau as she made her way there.

Aphmau sighed, knowing that Katelyn wasn't in the mood to talk to her right now. She walked downstairs to join the rest of her friends.

Seeing Kawaii~Chan, she went to talk to her but stopped, noticing the wistful look in her eyes. Aphmau followed her gaze to Reese and Michi, chatting only a few feet away from the mistletoe. She was oblivious to the kiss that had happened between them just moments before. Aphmau looked back at KC, who still hadn't noticed her presence, longing to say something. She should probably just ask if she was alright.