{Chapter 22}

{A/N: Let's get back into it!!}

Since the unfortunate accident that occurred at Travis's place on New Year's Eve, he's kept himself on the down low. It wasn't like he was ashamed of what had happened, especially since the fire wasn't his fault. He knew from the bottom of his heart that his friends were good people. In fact, they were such good people that they would drop everything just to come to each other's aid, especially Aphmau. That's why he was here, crashing Aaron's guest bedroom, as he waited patiently for the go-ahead to go back to his apartment and gather his things.

Aside from Aaron and Katelyn, he let Dante in on what had happened the day after. He would have told his best friend as soon as he got his head on straight, but it seemed like Dante was getting his head on with a certain redhead after the party. Needless to say, Travis called him the morning after. Thankfully, Dante was quick to bring him some essentials with no questions asked. Dante even reprimanded him for not coming to stay with him but after being reminded of the current Garroth and Laurance situation they agreed that staying with Aaron was the best choice.

So far, staying with Aaron had been great! They would play video games, work out together, and generally act like brothers!

The other times...

===

Travis yawned, scratching his back as he walked down the stairs in the early hours of the morning. His workout wasn't going to work out itself but, first, he needed some good ol' pre-workout breakfast.

As he turned the corner, he rubbed his bleary eyes before being taken aback in horror. Standing in the refrigerator light was Aaron having a nice refreshing beverage... straight out of the carton. Travis gasped loud enough that Aaron whipped his head around, his cheeks heating up.

"I-I can explain!" Aaron stuttered, backing away yet still holding the carton of milk.

"You drink milk straight out of the carton?!" Travis cried as he threw his hands into his hair.

"It's not as bad as you think!" Aaron tried to reason.

"The backwash!" Travis sobbed.

"I'm sorry!"

"COOTIES!"

===

Fortunately, it hadn't been a walk in the park for Aaron either.

===

It was probably around 2 in the morning. Aaron's room was practically pitch black because, as an adult, he didn't use a nightlight. On this night though, he wished he could see in the dark.

Aaron woke up as he heard his bedroom door creak open. Too tired to understand what was going on, he ignored it and shut his eyes. When he felt a dip in the opposite side of his bed, he was wide awake.

"Travis?" Aaron whispered into the dark, turning his head to make out Travis's figure under his sheets.

"I was cold," Travis explained as he scooched closer to him.

"Travis, get the fuck out of my bed."

===

Aside from a few hiccups, everything had been going all right! It was going even better, though, now that Travis got the call that it was safe to come and collect his things from his apartment. The landlord was nice enough to provide a U-Haul for all the tenants in the building. They were not willing to provide professional movers, though, which sucked but that's what friends were for! Together, with Katelyn and Dante, the group headed to his apartment.