{Chapter 21}

The door to Garroth's room opened wide, catching the attention of the three. Garroth, Aphmau, Emmalyn, and Kenmur all walked out. The moment Aphmau saw Aaron, she turned and said goodbye to Garroth before leaving the house in a rush.

"What's going on?" Katelyn asked, confused by her roommate's behavior.

Emmalyn and Kenmur shrugged as they left the party, leaving Garroth standing alone, deep in his thoughts.

"Garroth, are you okay?" Aaron asked tentatively, afraid to set him off.

At the mention of his name, Garroth made eye contact with Aaron, his eyes filled with conflicting emotions.

"I... I need to go do something," Garroth finally responded, determination filling his voice. With that, he walked out the backdoor.

The three musketeers shared a look with one another.

What happened?

===

Garroth looked around, trying to find some place to put the cupcake of doom when he noticed Kenmur rush into his room. Emmalyn ran into the bathroom soon after.

He immediately sensed the romantic tension, and for once it wasn't between him and Laurance.

With that, Garroth walked into his room, not knowing that Aphmau had walked into the bathroom.

"Kenmur?" Garroth called out as he walked into his room. "What are you doing? Is everything okay?"

The boy in question, who was sitting in a desk chair, glanced up at Garroth. His eyes widened, not expecting anyone to come in here.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean- I'm fine actually it's... it's just that...," Kenmur sighed, done beating around the bush. "Garroth, you're good with romancey stuff, right?"

Garroth stood blank faced, thinking back to his current situation, college, and his fake relationship with Ivy. Sure, he may have been known as a high school flirt, the boy next door, but all that charm had gotten wasted on a girl who he knew wasn't interested in him.

Garroth eyed his box of feathers in the corner of his room. Raising his eyebrows, he thought to himself that maybe he still had his charm.

"Yes... kind of."

Despite Garroth's lackluster response, Kenmur felt assured in Garroth's guidance.

"Well, me and Emmalyn have been talking for a while... y'know romantically. And, tonight I want to kiss her at New Years, but I don't know how!"

"You don't know how to kiss or you don't know how to go for it? Because I'm not too comfortable with being your kissing bud-" Garroth was cut off by Kenmur's loud exclamation in disagreement.

"No! I mean I don't know how to initiate it!"

"Well, in that case, I know exactly what to do. Don't you worry Kenmur, if you follow my lead and the teachings of Animal Planet, you'll be able to sweep Emmalyn off her feet!"

Confused, Kenmur tried to get clarification on what he meant but was silenced as a box was put at his feet. He watched as Garroth opened it to reveal that it was nearly full to the brim with brightly colored feathers. What happened to the dozens that were missing was a question that would never be answered for Kenmur. The assured feeling he had in Garroth was slowly diminishing. Nevertheless, he allowed Garroth to continue.

One by one, Garroth glued the tips of feathers onto his clothes. While he was waiting for one of them to stick, he opened up a desk drawer next to Kenmur which contained a stack of unmade burger king crowns. It dawned on Kenmur that the charm he had in mind was completely different from Garroth's version. Unfortunately, it was too late to back out now.