{Chapter 10}

{A/N: This chapter is not going to follow the main storyline, so if you were expecting the Christmas Cat-Tastrophe episode it will be in the next chapter.}

It had been a few hours since Aphmau, Kawaii~Chan and Laurance came back from the mall.

The drive back home from the mall was slightly awkward. Everyone was silent, even Kawaii~Chan which was surprising. Aphmau didn't know what was wrong with her friends. Both KC and Laurance were staring off into the distance, lost in thought. She wanted to ask and see what was wrong, but she decided not to pry into their business.

Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan came home to an empty house. Katelyn's car was in the garage, so she either went out with a friend or got kidnapped. Either way, they went on with the rest of their day. Aphmau plopped down on the couch and watched as Kawaii~Chan speed walked to her room and shut the door without saying a word.

When the girls dropped Laurance off at his house, he ran straight to his room and avoided his roommates, especially Garroth. The thought of his unknown sexuality clouded his head. The entire car ride home, he tried to convince himself that he was still madly in love with Aphmau. That he wished to be the one for her and that Aaron was his number-one rival. That the feelings he had for Garroth weren't romantic.

It wasn't working.

"I can't be bisexual!" Laurance exclaimed out loud, "I don't even like flannel!"

Laurance took a mental step back, reminding himself that being bisexual wasn't a bad thing. If he was bisexual, then so be it, but if he liked Garroth, that was a whole other story. He thought he loved Garroth like a brother, but could he have just been crushing on him? What if Laurance didn't like him and he was freaking out over nothing? Scratch that.

He's liked a lot of people before. These feelings were no different, but was it possible that the feelings he felt toward women were different when it came to men?

Why did it have to be Garroth, of all people? He couldn't have just crushed on some random guy; he just had to crush on his best friend.

He sat down on his bed and tried thinking back to when he actually started liking him. There's no way Laurance just started to crush on him. No. These feelings have been here for a while. Maybe it started when the two of them first became roommates? Wait a minute.

Were there signs that Laurance was into Garroth before? He had heard stories from people in the LGBTQ+ community about how they should have realized their sexuality way before they actually did. Laurance was probably subtle with his unknown feelings. No one could have known.

"Garroth, you better not be staring at my butt."

"Alright, let's play gay chicken!"

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"No homo."

Okay, maybe Laurance wasn't as subtle as he thought he was.

"How was gay chicken going to solve that argument?" Laurance muttered to himself as he thought back to the silly game he and Garroth almost played. Absolutely nothing about that was straight. Neither Garroth nor Laurance pulled away until the last moment. Even then, had neither of them said anything to break the silence, what would have happened?

Maybe they would have kissed in a platonic way? Okay, now that was just stupid. The more he thought about his feelings toward Garroth, the more he kept beating himself up about his sexuality. Why was it that he was questioning his sexuality in his twenties? Didn't people have these revelations during their middle school and high school years, not after they had graduated college with a stable career?