{Chapter 6}

{2023 A/N: Just an FYI. This one has got some fairly major changes that's going to affect the flow of one of the couples. Say goodbye to gay chicken.}

A few hours after the guys had left, Aphmau started going around the house to collect any empty boxes. Her plan was to get the boxes out of the way and into the basement. That way, basement organization would be a problem left for another day. Out of sight, out of mind. Aphmau rapped her knuckles against the door frame of KC's room. The Meif'wa in question glanced her way and smiled.

"Aphmau~Senpai, what's up?" Kawaii~Chan greeted her before going back to what she was doing: organizing her entire manga collection.

"Nothing! I'm just gonna grab these boxes from you and put them in the basement," Aphmau answered as she started piling up the leftover boxes. With an umph, she lifted the boxes up and started heading to the basement.

The moment Aphmau told her she was going to the basement, Kawaii~Chan was calm. Completely forgetting what she had built down there while everyone else was moving furniture. It was only when Aphmau was heard screaming that KC realized her mistake. Bolting to the basement, she saw Aphmau standing in horror at the sight before her.

It was a shipping shrine.

But oh, no, no. Not just any shipping shrine. An Aarmau shipping shrine. Complete with dolls, fanart, candles, and a pentagram for sacrifices.

"D-Does Aphmau~Senpai like it? This is where Kawaii~Chan goes to give strength to her ship," Kawaii~Chan said behind Aphmau. Aphmau whipped her head around and screamed again, not realizing that KC was now there with her.

"Why?" Aphmau whispered, her hands clutching over her heart.

"Because Aarmau is going to become canon at the end of this season, and Kawaii~Chan is going to make sure that happens."

"What the-? Season? Kawaii~Chan this is real life! This isn't some kind of sandbox roleplay where you can ship whoever you want!" Aphmau looked back at the shrine. "Also, who drew all of this fanart?!"

"Sure, Aphmau~Senpai, this is real life," Kawaii~Chan said sarcastically. "Kawaii~Chan hired people to draw art for her shrine."

Aphmau threw her hands up, exasperated at the situation.

"No. Just no."

Aphmau ran back upstairs, leaving the empty boxes haphazardly on the floor along with Kawaii~Chan and her shrine.

Kawaii~Chan looked at her shrine and got lost in thought.

"Just you wait, Aphmau~Senpai," Kawaii~Chan muttered to herself. "One day, Aarmau will become canon. Kawaii~Chan can feel it!"

When Aphmau got out of the basement, she quickly closed the door, pressed her back against it, and slid down to the ground.

How could someone so shamelessly ship people? Aphmau thought that Kawaii~Chan was just going to take pictures and tease them, not make a shrine!

Aphmau put her head down in her hands to calm herself, but was stopped when she heard the doorbell ring.

She sighed as she got up to answer the door and lost the rest of her sanity as she took in the person in front of her.

"Hello, my name is Zane, and I am part of the neighborhood watch," the man greeted in a monotone voice until he heard Aphmau repeat his name as if she knew him. Zane looked at her, confused. She definitely wasn't a friend since he never had any, but she did look familiar. Aphmau quickly made him realize their relationship.

"You're Garroth's younger brother and the jerk who did all that bad stuff back in our senior year of high school," Aphmau explained as she remembered looking through her old yearbook in her apartment. Although they haven't talked since high school, everyone remembered Zane Ro'Meave. He still looked like his normal, emo self.