17| •Leap of faith•

Previously on chapter 16

Then they started to head towards where the final selection will be held.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And so, it begins.

»»---------««

"Death when unmasked shows us a friendly face and is a terror only at a distance

"Death when unmasked shows us a friendly face and is a terror only at a distance."— Oliver Goldsmith

Two days passed since the two males left for the final selection. To prove themselves that they are capable of becoming full-fledged Slayers. The hut that the fox resides in, in turn, lonely without the presence of the human she missed. 

'It's too quiet.' Her fox ears listen to the soft breathing of the former pillar. The pair of them are sitting in a seiza position, one is enjoying the time of quietness and the other was glaring intensely at the cup of tea.

The silver-haired girl sighs. 'You better be safe, Sabito.' For the second time, she exhales a breath. The kitsune is getting antsy, her hands twitch for a second. Hoping to find an excuse for her to go outside.

Another minute passed. 

Her sharp nails tapping in sequence to the wooden table. Each time she taps, the patience she carefully bears had dwindled enough. Enough, that she almost screams in frustration. Her mind keeps replaying the charming smiles from a certain person. 

She gnashed tight her teeth. 'Damn it. I need to relax.' Worrying would not help her if she keeps acting like this. Her honey eyes stared at Urokodaki's composed form. Seeing the tengu relax in front of her made the fox demon scoffed in irritation.

Waiting was the supposed act Anna should do. But it proves to be difficult when one's thinking about the well-being of others. At some point, the fox chatters to the tengu to cope with the absence of one peach head and ravenette. 

Sipping a cup of tea should be able to calm the fox but then unease weighing her gut of a tragic event that is nearing. Recalling the event of the night the human promises her— ignited the feeling of determination and courage within herself.

I'm going to pass the final selection test. 

Her small shoulders stiffen. She blinked in surprise. The ashen-haired fox felt the heat of the bracelet she wore. Her golden eyes glow for a second. She lowers her gaze as she notices the single 'bead' seems to flare and shines into the color of lustrous silver. 

       Little Snow. You better wait for me.

" Tengu. May I take a walk to freshen up my  mind?" She finished drinking the tea and sets the cup on the table. The fox demon stood up as she neared the door. Already made up her mind to take a quick break.