13 | •Training•

Previously on chapter 12

" I'm sorry, Sabito. " said the ravenette as he smiled gratefully at him.

Ever since that day, the two friends had become closer like siblings. The ones who witnessed the blooming of their friendship were a certain tengu and the fox.

»»---------««

"Don't decrease the goal. Increase the effort." — Tom Coleman

It comes to her surprise that Urokodaki had prepared two cups of tea

It comes to her surprise that Urokodaki had prepared two cups of tea. Mainly, she intends to have some time to converse with him. She was speechless. No, she thought that the man in front of her would merely ignore her. Maybe, he wants to assure himself if she intends to keep her promises. The kitsune don't understand what the tengu is thinking right now.

Still, she's thankful that her luck's on her side.

Anna grabs the cup of tea as she sips it to calm her anxiety. She is sitting in a seiza position while she immediately placed down the cup on the table. It was supposed to be a lovely day but some matters are needed to be addressed to someone. Hence, the reason why the certain fox demon was here — the worry she felt for the other human who felt like a sibling to her.

The young female sighs.

On the opposite side of the table, the masked fellow was savoring his cup of tea as he sips. As for the ravenette and peach head, they had gone off to train early.

" What is it this time, fox?" inquired the man whilst he directs his gaze at the fox expecting her to start talking.

" It's about the ravenette having nightmares every night."

" Since when did it started? " The former pillar stops drinking his tea. His voice becoming serious on the topic of his recent student.

" On the first night, he sleeps. A month. Sobbing and grieving in his dreams. With all due respect, I consider you need to talk to him about it." Anna pursed her lips, frown etching on her face whilst she recalls the events when the boy's having a nightmare.

He nods.

He was wrong to assume the fox demon had hidden intentions before. He was glad that he made his decision right. The creature truly cares about his students.

Somehow, Urokodaki appreciates the fox's presence right now.

" I see. I'll talk to him about it. Thank you for relaying this matter to me." said the tengu man as his tone being sincerely grateful.

" Anything else, you would like to tell me? ," said Urokodaki while he coolly sips at his beverage of choice. His eyes twinkle with a hint of a knowing gaze.

Anna gulped loudly at this. Trying to word polite excuses to the man while she rearranges her next wording.

"Yousee,it'saboutSabitohowhewakesuplaterthanGiyuu. Ithinkit'smyfault?!" Anna shriek in embarrassment whilst her face fumes in heat. The redness creeps until it reaches the base of her neck.