16| •depart and promises•

Previously on chapter 15

Headache. Checked. Worry about the two of them, checked. One of them has the possibility to not come back alive, checked.
Two words would make Anna describe her mood for the following days.

D A M N IT. 

»»---------««

"Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn't what you want

"Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn't what you want."

That night, the tengu prepared a feast to commemorate his students' accomplishments. It made the two of them feel hungry and at the same time feel rewarded for their achievements.

" Sabito, Giyuu. I'm very proud of the two of you. To be able to make this far. I hope you both come alive when the Final selection ends." said Urokodaki with a tone of proudness.

Hearing Urokodaki's proud tone resounding in the entire room causes Sabito and Giyuu to feel elated for the fact that their hard works and training were being recognized. To the point that it almost makes their eyes brim with tears of joy.

The ambiance upon the start of dinner was satiating a homey feeling that they both will never forget to come back home.

Meantime the fox was just glancing at the peach-head's form every minute. Sauntering fast, Anna sets herself up in the lap of her human. Calling out to him, softly. The aforementioned human notices her as he uses his chopstick to grab some food to feed her.

" Here you go, Snow." The boy looked fondly at her while his other hand ruffles her head. A satisfying feeling eventually pours out. Like a string that links to both of their hearts which added to the atmosphere to become more pleasing and comforting.

Urokodaki could smell a wave of emotions—sadness and longing belonging from the demon fox. Besides, there's another emotion that he smell which almost made him drop his cup of tea.

If he didn't notice, that emotion emanating from both his student and the fox was so intense right this time than before. This scent resembles the ones he's seen and experienced in the past years. He was sure of it.

Urokodaki never really thought about it but he could tell that the boy had caught the eyes of the fox demon. Only time will tell if ever the young fox decides to reveal its own true form to him.

»»---------««

Nighttime greets the unexpected watcher found in the deeper forest. A figure of a small animal paces ahead, admiring the natural loveliness of the Earth's blessed nature.

She thither the spacious scenery as the stealthy fox manages to locate the massive boulder where the apparent figure will hang out. There was a puff of smoke as the small figure shapeshifts into a human-like appearance.