28 | •Kismet•

Previously on chapter 27

"What the heck is going on?" She bluntly question, the eyes of a glowing sun stared back to one's crystalline eyes.

»»----------««

❝Fate brings people together no matter how far apart they may be

❝Fate brings people together no matter how far apart they may be.❞— Chinese proverb.

 ✤

A week has passed, the lilac-eyed hashira found herself in a hospital bed, the fresh smell of antiseptic wafted in the white spacious room.

Feeling an incoming headache knocking into her temples, Kanae slightly grimaced as she turn sideways.

The nerves of stinging pain digs her shoulder, her pink lips releasing a small noise of discomfort.

The attendant nurse in charge was alarmed, a dark-haired girl with pig tails went to her side and slowly assisting to lean her back onto the metal bed frame.

Struggling to speak, Kanae felt her tongue was dry like tasting a sandpaper in her mouth.

"Water." The older girl's voice was hoarse and strained.

Aoi, the lovely nurse proceed to give her a cup of water and she chugged it to her heart's content.

"Are you feeling better now? Everyone's worried that you were in a coma for weeks! Heck, Shinobu was distraught when she found you bleeding alone."

"I'm fine, it was a mistake on my part that I got bested by an upper moon." Kanae's mind flashes back into one's crystalline eyes who arrived unexpectedly to her aid.

"You're not strong enough to defeat that vile thing. What is that blind human thinking that you are worthy of becoming a hashira?"

"Don't speak of Oyakata-sama that way!" Kanae was enraged, gripping her broken blade to her nimble hands as she thrust towards the blue-haired fox.

Tsune caught the broken blade between her two fingers, and nears her face to the shocked human as she glared at her.

"Go ahead and kill me, I hurt your pride didn't I? I was only speaking the truth that you were not ready to face him yet."