7 | •Cryptic•

Previously on chapter 6

" Let's stop for now. Rest for a few minutes. Resume, practicing the breathing form," ordered the master as he left the boy to rest.

" Thank you, Urokodaki-san."

»»----------««

❝Each person is an enigma

Each person is an enigma. You're a puzzle not only to yourself but also to everyone else, and the great mystery of our time is how we penetrate this puzzle. ―Theodore Zeldin

Taking the chance upon the disappearing silhouette of a certain masked man. Anna sneaks in to approach the peach-haired boy languidly. The apprentice left behind was sprawl across the ground—focused on improving his breathing technique in order to not disappoint his master.

The next training comes, he will make sure not to fail again. Clenching his bruised hands tightly, the lad inhales softly to calm his nerves after the adrenaline he felt after the spar waves off.

"Chu," the voice of the fox interrupts the boy's training. He glance sideways to find that the white fox nuzzles its furry head into his rough hand. As expected, the boy offers a miniscule smile at the fox's affectionate manner.

" You're here. Little fox." Sabito sits upright while touching kindly the fox's head. It's like, yesterday when he picked up the fox to his home. The said fox naturally tilted its head and wags it's three tails at him—acknowledging his warm presence. 

Unable to keep his opinions any longer, Sabito relays his views to the tiny animal.

"You're a strange one. Normally, when foxes are left alone, they tried to escape the place they're put in. Yet, you came here to look for me."

"Chu."

"Are you hungry? I got a few onigiris to share with you."

"Chu! Chu!" Anna responded eagerly, nodding her head at the young male's generosity. If someone is giving free food to Anna, there's no way she would refuse it. Trembling with excitement, her tails waggle repeatedly fast while her golden eyes glisten with joy.

Sabito laughs merrily, it's been a long time he encounters having some company unexpectedly, a fox that seeks him for companionship. Not expecting the fox to come looking for him.

'Maybe, the fox became attached to him?'