Chapter 21

Above are the pictures of the outfits they are wearing for their date.

Hope you enjoy this chapter! And Happy newyear!

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Amelia's Point of View)

I continued to stare at myself. The girl in front of the mirror wasn't me. No, the girl in front of me was perfect. The girl in front of me looked flawless. She looked... beautiful. Her hair was perfectly straight. The dress made her look amazing, not to mention the thigh high boots.

All her curves, that seemed to be perfect, were highlighted through the dress. No this can't be me.

It's surprising how different I look in such a casual outfit.

Looking at myself brings back all my insecurities. The insecurities that started my panic attacks 4 years ago. The insecurities that destroyed me.

My mom wasn't always quiet and distant. She used to actually talk to me. But that doesn't mean she used to say good things. My mom used to verbally harass me. She would tell me I was a mistake to this family, how I deserved no happiness. Grandpa and Mom were very close, until I came along. Grandpa started giving me more attention and he didn't like the way my mom treated me.

They both got distant because of me. After grandpa passed away, grandma was lost and mom was heartbroken and that night she hit me. She reminded me how worthless I was. She continued to hit me, not a lot, usually just a slap or something, until one night grandma caught her. I had started getting my panic attacks since the time my mom started to hit me and verbally harass me, my mom's words would ring in my head all the time which would lead to the attacks. Grandma was always there with me to help me and she kept me away from mom. After that mom never talked to me again and we tended to ignore each other. This happened for two years until finally the attacks stopped and I haven't had one since two years.

When the doctors told me my panic attacks might return I was shocked. I hated panic attacks, they made me feel weak and vulnerable.

"Hello?" Madison's voice says breaking me out of my worst memories. "Y-Yeah." I say as I look at her. "You seemed lost." She says with a worried look. "It was nothing, now where were we." I say as I look at myself in the mirror again. "Okay... I am going to let it go this time. Anyways you look amazing! Ethan won't be able to keep his hands to himself!" Madison squeals as she turns me around.

I blushed red at the thought. "Now put your phone, wallet and lipgloss, since I am sure Ethan won't let it last for long in your purse." She says. "How do you know?" I ask as I put in all the stuff.

"Oh have you seen him, whenever he kisses you your lipgloss vanishes. And he licks his lips as if tasting it. It's obvious he won't let it last any longer." She smirks. "Whatever. What time is it?" I ask.

She looks at her phone before looking at me. "It's 5:54." And just when she said that I heard Ethan yell, "Lia are you ready? It's time for us to leave."

"Yes, I am coming. Just give me a second!" I called back.

I straightened my bag strap and made my way downstairs.

The moment I stepped down, my eyes connected with Ethan's.

I look at what he is wearing and bite my lip. Damn he looks hot.

He is wearing a cream colour t-shirt with a collar, that is body fit and I could see his muscles bulging out. He was wearing bluish-greyish jeans and his shoes were the same colour of his shirt, only a bit lighter. On his hand was a wrist watch that was golden and matched his outfit.