Chapter 29

This is probably the longest chapter I ever wrote... P.S: Author's note at the end. Enjoy the chapter :>

(Amelia's Point of View)

It's been about a week since meeting my father. Ever since that day I have been thinking about whether I should meet him or not. The first two nights my mind wouldn't shut off and I was awake all night, hence losing two nights of sleep. Ethan had tried his best to get my mind off all that stuff and get me to fall asleep, but nothing worked, not even him cuddling me. After two nights of no sleep, I looked like a ghost, my face was pale and I had huge dark circles and that's when Ethan had it. On the third night Ethan said he wouldn't go to sleep until I did. I told him I could take sleeping pills but he went completely against the idea saying that it wasn't good for my health and well being. So that night after two bowls of ice-cream and a lot of convincing and cuddling I was finally able to sleep. Rest of the nights were easier, sure the fourth night was a bit hard but Ethan managed to get me to go to sleep and after that I went back to my normal sleeping routine that I followed before meeting my dad.

It was currently Friday and I was sitting in my last class waiting for it to end. I had no interest in what my teacher was saying. I just wanted to go home, somehow convince Ethan to cuddle me -which I know he very much likes but pretends not to cause he is the "bad boy"- and watch a movie. "Miss Waston, you seem distracted. Mind doing the next question on the board?" My teacher's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Um, sure." I say as I get and and move towards the board. The teacher writes an equation on the board and offers me the maker. I take the marker and stare at the sum for a few minutes, figuring it out in my head. After a few seconds I finally wrote the answer and looked at the teacher who was looking at my answer.

"Very well. The answer is correct Amelia. You may go back to your seat." The teacher says with a stiff nod. I nod back at him and go back and sit in my seat. The rest of the class I doze off again until the bell rings, breaking me out of whatever I was daydreaming about.

I immediately packed my books in my bag and just as I was about to exit class a voice stopped me. "Amelia I would like to talk to you." My teacher says. I sigh and turn around to face him. "Yes?" I ask in the kindest voice I could muster. He looked around the class and once he was sure it was empty he said, "You seemed lost today. You have been in my class for the past two years and I have never seen you so lost. You're always a very attentive student. Is everything alright..?" He asks.

Mr. Black, my maths teacher, is also a counselor in our school. I only came into his class two years ago in sophomore year. He is a nice man and has a cute family who I met once at a cafe where I ran into him. He has two little boys, who are twins and one amazing and kind wife. Mr. Black is one of the best counselors in our school and I have heard has helped many students.

"Everything is great. Just exhausted you know?" I say with a fake smile. He nods hestainly and before he can say anything else I rush out of the class. I make my way to my locker and open it before dumping my books in, like actually dumping it. I feel two hands wrap around my waist from behind and I instantly feel my muscles relax as I lean back into his chest. "Hi baby." He says as he pecks my cheek. "Hi." I say as I close my eyes and relish in the feeling of having him this close to me.

"You tired?" He asks as he puts his head on my shoulder. "Very." I nod. "Well we should get home." He chuckles. "Don't you have practice? You have a match tomorrow." I say as I turn to look at him. "Well the team does, I don't. I am suspended from tomorrow's game, remember? Coach told me I don't have to be at today's practice. The second string will be playing tomorrow." He says as he uses his right hand to caress me cheek. "Hmm okay. But we can stay and watch practice if you want to." I suggest. "No, it's fine. I wanna go home." He says as he looks down at me. "Okay." I nodded.