Chapter 14

Sorry for the delay here is Chapter 14!

(Amelia's Point of View)

-Day of the Halloween dance-

I was in my room with Madison who was helping me get ready. That day after getting our dresses we went accessory and shoe shopping. Madison had a few accessories I needed at her house so I didn't have to buy much. For shoes I bought a pair of black heel boots. Madison had bought her fake blood, tiara and heels that she needed.

"You look great!" Madison squealed as she finished doing last minute touches to my outfit. "You look amazing too!" I laughed. Madison had made a few rips on her dress and added a bit of fake blood over it. On her face she did her makeup and gave it a more zombie vibe. Her hair was in a bun and her tiara sat on top of her head. I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror. My outfit looked the same the way it looked in the store. I had a black mask on that highlighted my blue-grey eyes. On top of my head sat two black cat ears. Madison had even added dark red lipstick on my lips, she said it would make my outfit more "sexy". I was wearing my black heel boots. When I looked at the girl in the mirror I couldn't help but feel self conscious. The person in front of me looked more bold and... different. "I can't do this." I mumbled. "What do you mean?" Madison asked. "I-I look so different. I don't know whether to like it or not." I mumbled. "Oh shut up! You look amazing! Eth- I mean Chuck will be all over you!" She laughs awkwardly. "Yeah whatever. Let's get this night over with." I said as I walked out of the room. "Hey at least be excited!" Madison said as she walked behind me.

Truth to be told I wasn't looking forward to this dance. It's not because of Chuck or anything. Chuck is a great guy. I hung out with him twice this week and he is pretty cool and I like him... as a friend. I was hoping Chuck would help me get rid of whatever I feel for Ethan but it didn't help. Instead what I feel for Ethan has become stronger than before. Whenever I would look at Chuck I would compare him to Ethan for some reason. Ethan was messing with my head and I needed to stop these feelings before they got too strong.

"You guys ready?" Ethan's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Yeah." I nodded. Ethan was dressed up as a football player... quite obvious of him. We showed him many costumes but he stuck to being a football player. To make it more halloween-ish he added some fake blood over the jersey he bought and added some fake scars on his arms.

The three of us walked down. Me and Madison were supposed to wait for our dates to pick us up. Madison had chosen David from her English class as her date. Ethan was going alone and I was going with Chuck. Ethan even insisted on driving me to the dance but Chuck had already asked me first. I sit on the couch with Ethan and Madison. I don't know why Ethan is still here. He has no one to wait for.

The three of us talk about random stuff and just then the doorbell rings. "Ooh I will get it!" Madison said as she rushed to the door. "You know you shouldn't wait for him. He probably won't show up." Ethan said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Nothing." Ethan said as he cleared his throat awkwardly. Weird. "Guys I am going to be leaving David is here!" Madison yelled. "Okay!" Me and Ethan said at the same time.

30 minutes later...

I was still waiting for Chuck and Ethan was trying to convince me that Chuck stood me up. "I guess he stood me up." I mumbled as I started to get off the couch. "Yeah. I will drop you, let's go." Ethan said as he grabbed his car keys. The moment I was about to take another step the doorbell rang. "Oh I guess he is here." I said. "No.. It can't be." Ethan said as he furrowed his eyebrows as if thinking of something. I made my way to the door and opened it. There stood Chuck in a cowboy costume panting a lot as if he just ran a whole marathon. He also had a small bruise on his cheek. "Hey! I am sorry I am late. Something came up..." He trailed off on the end as he glared at something behind me. I look behind and see Ethan who has his jaw clenched and is glaring back at Chuck. "What the hell are you doing here?" Ethan growled. "I am here to pick up my date." Chuck said. "Uh guys is there something I should know?" I asked awkwardly. "No. Lets just go." Chuck said as he took my wrist and began dragging me out the house. His hold on my wrist was super tight and it was hurting me. "Chuck let go. You're hurting me." I said as I tried to pull my hand out of his grip. "Sorry." He mumbled as he let go of me.