Chapter 7

(Amelia's Point of View)

That night after I had come back from the party and gone into my room, my grandma had come in. We talked about some stuff and then I brought up the question that had been bugging me. She answered me truthfully, and it broke my heart. My own dad was embarrassed of me. I wasn't expecting that. I would rather have him not know about my existence then have him embarrassed by me.

The next morning I had gone to the store to help her out. I wonder what will happen to this store after she is gone. When I had come back home, Adrian was in a tux and had asked me out. Trust me, I didn't want to break the kids heart. It's just that he is too young and I love him like a little brother.

Currently I am in the park, pushing Adrian on a swing. My apple charm bracelet was jiggling with the swing. "You know Ethan was jealous when I wanted to ask you out." Adrian said. What? I'm pretty sure he is just assuming stuff. "I don't think he was, did he tell you he was?" I ask. "Nope. But I am sure he was jealous." He said. This kid sure has a wild imagination. "Sure." I chuckle. As if Ethan would even care about his little brother asking me out. He will probably use it against me and tell the whole school how a 7 year old kid was the first (and probably only) person to ask me out.

By 3 we are making our way back home as Adrian and I are both hungry. We haven't had lunch yet. I take out my keys and open the door. Adrian runs in and up to his room. I close the door behind me and bump into a hard chest, which belongs to the one and only Ethan. "What?" I mumble rubbing my nose. "So... You wanna hangout maybe?" He asks. I look up at him in confusion. He wants to hangout with me? And on his own will? Something is wrong. Something is definitely wrong. "Are you talking to me?" I ask looking around and expecting some other person to be next to me or something. "Yes. Geez, is it so hard to believe?" He asks.

Of course it's hard to believe, I mean it's the Ethan Turner we are talking about here. "Are you that bored? I mean you wanna hangout with me. You must be super bored." I say. "God. I am not bored. I just thought it was common sense to want to get to know your friend better." He says rolling his eyes. "We are friends?" I ask. "Jesus! Yes! Remember I asked you last night!" He yells in frustration. "Sorry. I just thought you were kidding or might have forgotten about it by now." I mumbled. "Just answer the question. You wanna hangout or not?" He asks. "Sure, after I eat something." I say. What it's not like I have any better work anyway. "Okay, let's go out to get something for you to eat, we can hangout there or something." He says taking my hand and pulling me outside. What's wrong with him? Why does he want to hangout all of sudden?

We get into his car and he starts driving. "So tell me about yourself." Ethan says after sometime. Why does he wanna know all this about me? "There is nothing really about me. I am just a plain old boring person." I shrug. "That's not true. I am sure there is more to you. Let's see. What do you wanna become?" He asks me. That question is easy. "An author." I answer. "Why?" He presses. "I like writing to express how I feel. Plus I love writing." I say leaving out one of the reasons. "That's it? I know there is another reason. Tell me, I promise I wont judge." He says. And for some reason I trusted him, "I wanna write about my love story, well if I ever have one. I wanna give others hope about love through my writing." I say. "Why are you so hard on yourself?" He asks me, giving me one glance before looking back at the road. "What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "I mean that you don't believe in yourself. You underestimate yourself. Why do you do that?" He asks. "I don't know. Probably because I am weird?" I shrug. "See, you're doing it again." He says. "Cause it's true." I say. "Yeah, sure you might be weird and annoying but that makes you you. You always point out your flaws, because of that you don't realise that good things about you." He says.