Chapter 42

(Amelia above ^^)

Hope you enjoy! 

(Amelia's Point of View)

I walk outside the loud and packed house, a slight wobble in my steps. My mind was all clouded and somewhat... Light. I had lost Ethan almost about half an hour ago when one of his team mates pulled him to play some game.

I open the backyard door, and walk outside, towards the pool. This area isn't as crowded as the inside. There are only about 10 or 15 people here, but I can't make out because of how blurry they look. I wobble and fall onto one of the chairs on the side, missing the pool just by a few inches. Phew, that was close.

I close my eyes and hold my head, trying to remember how the hell did I end up like this.

Half an hour ago.

"ETHAN! COME JOIN US!" I hear one of his teammates yell. He looks at them and shakes his head, cashing them to scowl. "Go!" I say as I push his arm lightly. "What?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. "Go have fun! You can't just keep standing here talking and kissing me." I laughed. "Actually I can." He grins and bends down kissing me lightly. When we pull away he is smiling. "Ethan, seriously, go! You should have fun with your friends." I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks his face now serious. "I am sure." I nod. "But what about you?" He asks. "I will be fine. Just go have some fun. I will be here, don't worry." I say. "I don't know." He sighs, putting his forehead on mine. I peck him lightly before saying, "Ethan. I swear I will be fine. I am not some 2 year old kid. I can take care of myself." "I just don't want you to be alone..." He mumbles.

"I won't be. Go do your thing and I will find something to entertain myself with." I say, pushing him away gently. "Okay. I promise I will be back in 15 minutes. Please don't go anywhere, I don't trust the people around here." He says and I nod. "I love you." He says and pecks my forehead. "I love you too. Now go! They are waiting for you." I say.

He chuckles, "Alright, alright. I am going." He says. He then smiles once more at me and goes to join his teammates, who are smirking at him and when he reaches them they pull him somewhere, removing him from my line of vision.

I turn around with a smile, shaking my head. I look around at the people dancing on the dance floor, a few people making out, a few drinking from red cups and some taking in groups and playing various games.

Only then do I notice how parched my throat is. I haven't had anything to drink in a few hours. I debate whether or not to go look for something to drink, as Ethan told me not to move. I decide on going to find something to drink and then coming back here.

I walk around carefully making sure not to bump into someone as I enter the kitchen. I look around and notice a bowl of fruit punch. Considering it seems like the only non-alcoholic thing here, I decide to have a few cups. I could have had water but the fridge was crowded and there weren't really any water bottles kept outside.

I take the red plastic cup from beside it and fill it up my glass with the red fruit punch. I gulp it down and my eyebrows furrow at the weird taste, I swallow it down and feel a slight burn in my throat. Ignoring that, I fill up another glass considering how thirsty I am.

I have a total of three glasses, which satisfies my parched throat before deciding to walk back to the spot I was on. I feel slightly lightheaded while walking and my head spins, making the whole room spin around me. "Woah." I mumble as I put one of my hands on the wall beside me.

I close my eyes and open them again, squinting them trying to get my vision better. Once I feel it's a bit better, I walk out the kitchen. I feel a bit suffocated among so many people so I decide to go out the backyard.