Chapter 5

It has been a week since I have been living with the Turner's. It wasn't that bad. Me and Adrian had somehow become really close. I liked spending time with that kid. He was actually fun to talk to. Ethan would drop me off to school every morning and I would walk back home in the evening. I didn't get lost again. I made sure to pay attention when Ethan was driving and now I was quite familiar with the route. I and Lucas haven't said anything to each other since the day he dropped me home. I still am yet to ask grandma about why my dad was paying for her medical treatment but I never got time. She was either with Mary or at the store most of the time. I would usually meet her during dinner, but there were people there so I couldn't bring it up.

In the past week I have figured out that Ethan has quite a normal family. His mom was a lawyer and dad was a doctor. They didn't seem to have any family issues. Well not any that I know off. I would also tutor Ethan sometimes. We had become kinda friends you can say.

I was currently in the cafeteria having my lunch, when Valentina came marching towards me. Oh did I mention she has been threatening me? I guess not. She usually just comes to threaten me to "stay away from Ethan" even though I am not around him a lot. Sure I live with him and other stuff but it's not like we talked so much. The only time we talked would be when I am tutoring him or when we are in the car. Other than that it was only a wave in the hallways or something. "Listen here, I don't get what Ethan sees in you, but stay away from him-" I cut her off "Can you just shut up! I am not doing anything for God's sake. You keep saying the same thing everyday! Why don't you just leave me alone? And as to what he sees in me, I don't even know where that came up from. I just tutor him for God's sake and I live with him. You can't expect us to completely ignore each other! I.Am.Not.Taking.Him.Away.From.You. It's not my fault he doesn't wanna hook-up with you or whatever the hell you guys do!" I yell, causing the entire cafeteria to look at us. "Ugh! Y-You bitch!" She yells. I give her the "really" look. And then she marches away in embarrassment.

School was over, I was walking my way home. The weather was quite nice today. The wind was light and the sun was out. My charm bracelet was dangling on my left wrist as I skipped my way home on the footbat and was humming the tune of "I like me better" by Lauv.

I finally reach home and take out the keys Jullie had given me a few days back. I open the door and walk in closing the door behind me. "Yay! Mia is home!" Adrian said running over to me. Adrian calls me "Mia" because he simply found my name too long, in return I called him "Addy" sure he didn't like the name at first, he thought it was too "girly" but I convinced him that it was a big boy name. "Hey Addy! How was school? Are you ready for the weekend?" I said opening my arms and kneeling down so he could hug me. "Yes. We will watch a bunch of movies and have lots and lots of popcorn!" He says running into my arms. I lift him up and spin him around and he laughs. "Ok kids stop before you hurt yourselves!" Mary says. "Sorry." I say sheepishly as I put Adrian back down.

I go up and freshen up and then start with my homework. A few minutes later I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say not removing my eyes from my homework. "Hey. I was wondering if you could help me with my bio homework?" Ethan says. "Oh uh sure come in." I say making space for him on my bed. He sits down next to me and places his folder in front of him. "Ok so what do you need help with?" I ask. "Well I remember all the stuff we learnt in our other tutoring sessions but a few questions just don't make sense." He says. "Ok.. Let's get started then." I say.

I help Ethan out for half an hour until both of us are done with our homework. "Thanks Lia!" He says. Wait, what did he just call me? "What did you call me?" I ask. "Lia." He repeats.

Old flashbacks of my grandpa calling me "Lia" run through my brain. "Don't call me that." I say simply. "Why? Your name is too long. Plus I like it." He says. Why do people find my name so long? It's A-M-E-L-I-A, just freaking six letters! "J-just don't." I say. "Nah. I will stick to it. Anyway thanks for the help. Bye Lia." and with that he leaves my room.