Chapter 25

It was April 2nd, my 16th birthday. Although it was my birthday, the third task was less than two months away and I was getting more and more nervous each day. We didn't know what to expect yet.

Cedric and I went on a few more dates in January and February, and started officially dating in March. It's been the best month of my life.

After getting ready, I walked into the Great Hall for breakfast, before we went to Hogsmeade, since there were no classes that day.

I walked into the Great Hall and was greeted by Fred and George first. Their birthday was the day before and they had turned 17.

"Happy Birthday!" George said hugging me.

"Goodness Georgie, our little girl is growing so old," Fred continued.

"I'm only a year and a day younger than you two," I said.

"Well, we are still older than you," they said.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," I said as we all walked in.

I promised Harry, Ron, and Hermione that I would hang out with them at Hogsmeade, so I decided to spend the morning with Elijah and Cho.

"There she is! Our birthday girl!" Cho said as I walked over to where Elijah and Cho were standing.

"Happy Birthday Em," Elijah said giving me a gift.

I opened it and in it was a pearl necklace.

"Elijah! Oh my goodness thank you!" I said.

"Want me to put it on you?" he asked.

"Of course!" I said.

He put it on me and I gave him a hug.

"Hey!" Cho, Elijah and I turned around.

"What are you doing touching my girlfriend?" Cedric asked.

"Relax Ced, Elijahs just a friend, nothing more than that," I said.

"That's what they all say," Cedric said jealous.

"Diggory, don't worry. I don't like Emery like that. In fact, I don't like any girl like that," Elijah reasoned.

"Oh," Cedric said, "Are you sure?"

"Yes Ced, he's sure," I said laughing, finding out Cedric could get jealous over the smallest things.

"And besides, Emery only has eyes for you,"
Cho said nudging me.

"Cho!" I said blushing, as Cedric was now the one to laugh.

"Well, Em, I know you'll be with Harry, Hermione, and Ron today, so can I give you my gift when we get back from Hogsmeade?" Cedric asked.

"Sure," I said hugging him.

"You two make me jealous," Elijah said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, "I thought you and that Beauxbaton boy were together?"

"Oh, no, we haven't talked since January," he said.

"Oh, sorry," I said.

"Oh merlin don't be sorry," Elijah said, "It was getting kind of awkward so we decided to break up."

***

After breakfast, I went to go find Harry, Hermione, and Ron, so that I could sit with them on the train to Hogsmeade.

"There you are!" Hermione called out to me.

"Come on! We have to get on the train!" I said to the three gryffindors.