Chapter 20

I snuck into the Gryffindor common rooms that Saturday night. Hermione and I were hanging out all day. It surprising I haven't gotten caught yet.

You would think the Gryffindors would snitch on me, but I guess they've gotten used to me being around. Even the fat lady doesn't care if I say the password. She'd still let me in.

It was getting late, so I decided to head back to the Slytherin corridors so I wouldn't get caught past curfew.

I said goodnight to Hermione and made my way into the common room.

I heard someone talking. It was Harry. I couldn't hear everything he was saying but I did hear him say, "Sirius, it was just a dream right?"

Sirius? Was Sirius in the common room. I walked into the common room and saw Harry standing by the fire place.

"Harry? What are you doing up?"

"Emery! Oh uh, nothing. Wait, what are you doing in here?" Harry asked.

"I was hanging out with Hermione, and was about to go back to the slytherin corridors," I said, "Who were you talking to?" I asked hoping he would tell me the truth.

"Oh, I wasn't talking to anyone, you must've imagined something."

"Oh, ok, well goodnight," I said walking out of their common room.

Why would he lie about him talking to Sirius? Unless I was just hearing things.

***

I was walking with Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Ron needed to tell Harry something but refused to actually tell him, so he made Hermione do the talking.

"Ron told me to tell you, that he heard from Pavarti, that Dean told her, that Hagrid is looking for you," she said. 

"Well you can tell Ron, wait what?"

"Please don't make me repeat," Hermione said.

"Well tell Ron that-"

"I am not an owl!" Hermione yelled.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a bit," I said to Hermione.

"So, Harry you nervous for the first task? It's in a few days," I said.

"I don't know. I don't even know what the task is. Hopefully it isn't something too hard to do," Harry said.

"Well if you need any help, you can always ask me."

***

"Dragons? That's the first task?" I said when Harry came up to me.

"Yeah! Dragons! How am I supposed to survive this?" Harry said.

As we were walking through the halls of Hogwarts, many of the students were wearing badges that Draco had made thatsaid "Potter Stinks" on it.

"Hey, calm down. You'll survive. Do the other champions know?" I asked.

"I think Fleur and Krum probably know, but I'm not sure if Hagrid told Cedric or not," he said.

"You should tell him. You know to make things fair," I said, "Look he's over there now!"

"Read the badge Potter," some of Cedrics friends said.