Chapter 30

"'Right, we're here," The man on the bus said once we arrived right in front of Malfoy Manor. I grabbed my things off the bus and went to go knock on the door of the Manor. About two minutes later the door opened, and Draco was standing at the door.

"Emery? What the hell are you doing here? It's one in the morning!" He snarled.

"I had no where else to go," I said not knowing what else to say.

"Shouldn't you be with the Weasleys? The blood traitors?" Draco hissed.

"They aren't blood traitors," I replied, "And, I was with them for a while, but I don't think they want me in their presence right now."

"Well why'd you come here?" He asked, still quite annoyed I woke him up.

"I didn't know where else to go," I answered, "Can I please stay here?"

There was a short moment of awkward silence, before Draco finally stated, "I'll have to ask my father, but I guess you can come it," He stated, "But DON'T touch anything."

"Okay, Okay," I said walking into the Manor. Draco went to go find his father so I just stayed close to the doorway.

"Draco, who was at the— Emery!" Narcissa said walking down the stairs.

"Narcissa!" I said as I hugged her. She was in her night robes, probably because I woke everyone up.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the Weasleys?" Narcissa asked, "Oh, please don't tell me you've been on your own for the past month."

"Oh, no, I was with the Weasleys, but I got into an argument with one of them and left," I said. I didn't know if I should tell her that 'one of them', meant my father. I didn't know if he went to the ministry already, if he was clear of his case. I didn't want him to get into any more trouble.

"Ah, Emery," I heard come from another direction of the room. It was Lucius, "What brings you to our home? Shouldn't you be somewhere else?

"I was, but I can't stay there right now, so I went to come here," I answered.

"But why here? Out of all places? Draco told me that you two haven't been getting along quite recently," Lucius snarled.

"I couldn't think of anywhere else to go," I answered.

"Well, I'm very sorry, but you cannot stay here," Lucius said sternly, "Now leave."

At that, without saying a word, I turned around and went to leave. Usually, I would try and 'fight' back, but I didn't have the time for that.

"Lucius, you can't do that, she's just a child," I heard Narcissa say, "It's too late for a sixteen year old girl to be out in the world all alone."

I could tell that Lucius was staring at me, probably annoyed by his wife who actually cared about me.

"Wait," Lucius called. I turned around to look at all the Malfoys, "Fine, you can stay, but there are a few rules you will need to follow."

I walked back closer to them, "Of course, anything."

"It's extremely late dear, let's just explain those rules to Emery tomorrow morning," Narcissa told Lucius.

"Fine. Emery, you will be sleeping in your usual room," Lucius said, as I nodded, "Oh, we threw some of your clothes away. We didn't know you would be coming back."

"Oh, that's fine. I packed some anyway," I said. We all walked up the stairs. Lucius and Narcissa in their room, and Draco to his. I was hoping that Draco and I could get along again, like we used too.

***

The next morning, I had forgotten I was at the Malfoy Manor, and was confused on why Ginny and Hermione weren't in the room. But, I remembered the whole argument between me, my father, and Harry from the day before.

It was weird to think that one day, I was so happy with my dad being there, and all my friends who were practically my family all there in the same room. And then all of a sudden things went downhill, and we didn't get along.

"At least I have somewhere to live right now," I thought to myself. Once I had finished changing and getting ready, I heard a knock at the door, "Come in!"

"Father wants to see you," Draco said once he opened the door.

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute," I answered as I put on Cedric's promise ring. I went out of my room and walked downstairs to see Narcissa and Lucius at the bottom of them.

"Good morning Emery," Narcissa greeted.

"Good morning," I said delightful, "So, what rules do I have to follow?" I asked while we were walking to a small lounging area.

"There are only a few that you must follow," Lucius said once we had all sat down, "One, you will be cleaning and helping around the house most of the time this summer. Since we lost our house elf, we need lots of help around."

"Don't you have a maid? Or a housekeeper?" I asked.

"Well, yes, but you will still be helping around," Lucius responded, "Secondly, you won't be going out of your room anytime after eleven at night, and you can only come out of your room when it is eight in the morning. Do I have myself clear?"

I nodded my head and he continued, "Good, and lastly, you must never, and I mean never go into the family room that is next to the dining room, unless you are told to."

"What- why—,"

"No questions? Good," Lucius said as him and Narcissa stood up.

"This is going to be a long month," I thought.

***

A/N

i was dead for a week again 🤩😍

i was in music while writing this anyways-

new character asfff

LOUIS PARTRIDGE AS LEONARDO (LEO) RIDDLE

I will be introducing him in the next chapter 😁😋

ALSO HOW ARE WE LITERALLY AT 9K READS OML THANK YOU I WAS FREAKINH OUT LIKE ON SATURDAY CAUSE WE HIT 8K AND NOW WE'RE LIKE AT 9.07K READS OK THANK YOU WTF