Chapter 29

"Morning," I said to Ginny and Hermione as they woke up. Hermione had arrived a few days ago.

"Emery, how long have you been up?" Ginny asked.

"About thirty minutes, why?"

"It's only seven in the morning!" Ginny said.

"Early bird gets the worm right?" I answered as I got changed and ready for the day.

It had been about a month or so since we had arrived at my father's place. The reason we were there was because of an organization called the Order Of The Phoenix. During Voldemort's first rise to power in the 1970s, Professor Dumbledore gathered a group of people together to fight against him when the Ministry's efforts were ineffective. Members represented a wide variety of folk, from wizards to Squibs. They would have meetings almost everyday, at least every morning and night.

I went downstairs to help Mrs. Weasley with breakfast. Usually, the order would have a short meeting in the morning after breakfast, but no one was up yet.

"Good morning Mrs. Weasley," I greeted, "Do you need any help?"

"Oh, no need, you can go on and rest again," She answered.

***

The day went by quite slow, but it was almost dark out. We hadn't even had dinner yet, but Remus, Tonks, Moody, and a few others were about to leave.

"Remus? Where are you guys going?" I asked.

"Oh, don't worry about it, we'll be back in a bit," He answered.

"Where are they going?" I asked Fred and George.

"Don't know," George said.

"Hey Em, wanna try out our new-," Fred continued

"No, I'm not going to try any of your products, I don't want to be sick for 3 weeks," I said.

"You're no fun," Fred answered sarcastically as they both walked away.

***

About an hour or so later, Remus, Tonks, Moody, Kingsley, and the others had returned.

"We're back!" Tonks said.

My father, Mrs. Weasley, and I all went to greet them, but were surprised by a familiar face.

"Harry!" I said hugging him.

"Hi Em," Harry replied.

"Hello Harry," My dad said after I greeted Harry.

"Sirius!" Harry said hugging him.

After just hanging out with everyone, I decided to go rest for a bit. I was looking through my things and found a picture of Cedric. It was him lying down in the grass field. I took that picture when we had gone our 4th date. I walked out of my room wanting to talk to someone.

"Hey dad I really need to talk to you-," I said when I found my father.

"Hang on Emery, I need to find Harry to talk to him. I'll be back later," He answered.

"Oh, okay," I replied.

This went on for a few weeks. Me, asking or talking to my dad, and then he leaves to go speak with Harry. And my father would never actually return to talk to me, and would probably forget about having a word with me.

***

"Dad, could we talk-," I asked, but was cut off.

"Sirius, I need to talk to you," Harry interrupted.

"Of course Harry," Sirius answered.

"Seriously?" I yelled, had having enough of it, making the two look at me, "Dad, I wanted to talk to you."

"Well, I can talk to you after I talk to Harry-,"

"That's the thing! It's always Harry first. 'Harry do you need help?' Harry what do you need?' Harry this, Harry that," I mimicked.

"That is no way to talk to your father," Sirius shouted.

"Don't you get it? Yeah, you're my father, but it's like the only time you act 'fatherly' to me, is when Harry isn't around!" I said.

"I talk to Harry because he needs a fatherly figure!" Sirius shouted, "He needs someone to guide him, so that's why I'm here, to guide him. Why can't you be more like him?"

"More like him? Seriously? Dad, I get that Harry needs someone there for him, but so do I! You weren't in my life for 15 years, and when you finally are, you're more with Harry than me," I said.

"Hey! It's not my fault!" Harry barged in.

"I'm not saying it's your fault Harry-,"

"Maybe Sirius doesn't even want you as a daughter," Harry said out of the blue.

My heart stopped at that moment. I wanted to get out of there at those words. I needed to get out of there. I walked away, and went to my room and grabbed all my bags. I tried to not to make eye contact with anyone in that house, especially from Harry or my father.

"Emery, please, stay," Hermione said, "Harry didn't mean it, and Sirius definitely doesn't-"

"Of course my dad meant it! He said straight to my face, 'Why can't you be like Harry'" I said, "I'm sorry Hermione, but I don't think my father or Harry want me here anyway."

I walked out of the house and went to wait for the knight bus. I couldn't believe that my dad could care more about Harry than his own daughter. I knew that Harry had it hard without having his parents here, and it wasn't not his fault, but dad was constantly there for Harry, but never there for me.

"'Ello there, y'here for the knight bus?"

"Yes," I said standing up.

"Oi, I'll take care of that," the man said taking my bag.

"Alright, where are we headed?" he asked once we got inside the bus.

"Take me to Malfoy Manor."

A/N

short chapter i know and also i know i haven't updated in a week !!! lolz shitty chapter amiright
i have no motivation to write asff

I updated the cover of the fanfic

which means, Olivia Rodrigo is now the face claim for Emery

Also, i know i said last chapter that I had two chapters already started, I had to combine the two, to make this chapter longer.

Oh also I haven't updated this a lot, but i was updating my other fanfic lol

Also here's a sad fact of the day: The first time Harry met Remus, instead of referring to him as Uncle Moony he referred to him as Professor Lupin 🥲 wonder what Remus felt about that

So yeah lol ok bye