Chapter 3

All of us had arrived to the Great Hall. Before the sorting ceremony started, I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Luna Lovegood. Another one of my good friends who didn't despise me.

Quick A/n: Luna is gonna be Harry's year. I'm saying this because I sorta forgot what year Lunas in. Please don't kill me. Anyways get back to the story

"Hello Em! Fine day isn't it?" Luna said. "Oh hello Draco!"

"Luna! Hi! How was your summer?" I asked.

"Oh it was lovely! Father and I did many things together. Well, look at the time. Must get going to the Ravenclaw table. Bye!" she exclaimed in her expressive voice.

"You know she's an odd girl. Why do you hang out with her anyways?" Draco asked.

"I don't know, why do I hang out with a baboon like you?" I joked. Of course, Draco didn't find it funny but he still forgave me.

We all sat down at the Slytherin Table and waited for the 1st years to come in. Then, the doors opened and in came many new 1st years.

"Welcome To Hogwarts! You're new home!" Professor Dumbledore said cheerfully.

Then, all the new students got sorted.

"Gryffindor!"

"Slytherin!"

"Ravenclaw!"

"Hufflepuff!"

And so on.

We had gotten around 9 new people into our house. Not bad! After the feast, we all headed to our common rooms. Most people went to their dorms but Draco, Pansy, Blaise, and I decided to stay in the common room for a bit.

"So, we got a few people in our house. But why does Gryffindor get so many?!" Pansy questioned.

"Maybe lots of people desire bravery more than ambition," I tried to answer.

"Well anyways, tomorrow we have to go to some forest with the nasty old giant Hagrid." Draco said annoyed.

"Hagrid isn't that bad. I mean last year when I had detention with him, all we did was talk. Quite a fun guy actually!" I tried to say, but my friends didn't believe me.

"Emery Black? In detention? Who are you?" Blaise joked.

"Well I guess we should go to bed Em. It's getting late You guys should get going to your dorms too," Pansy said since it was getting quite late.

"Alright goodnight boys," I said walking back to mine and Pansy's dorm.

I wonder what this year is going to bring me.

A/N: AhHh this chapter was not it. Well anyways I hope the next one is better. I uploaded 3 chapters today wowww. Prob cause it's a weekend. But hope you guys like the story so far <3
😎