Chapter 7

Before getting ready for the day, I decided to read the letter.

Dear Ms. Black,
          I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but your father, Sirius Black escaped Azkaban a few months ago.

Yeah learned that the hard way, I thought. I continued to read the letter.

He has been roaming around the school. We do not know where he is, but if he tries to contact you please let me or one of the professors know.

-Albus Dumbledore

My dad is roaming the school? Should I ask Uncle Remus if he knows anything? No, he wouldn't! It's been 12 years since he's seen him. I'll just wait until we go back to school if anything does happen.

***

It was a few days before Christmas break ended. For Christmas, I had gotten a new robe from Aunt Narcissa and Draco, perfume from Pansy, a book from Blaise, candy from Luna, and a note from Diggory.

I hadn't opened the note yet. I didn't want to open it. So I put it in my bag to open later.

A few days later and we were back at Hogwarts. I unpacked all my belongings and went headed out of the common room.

I decided to go to the library since I had a free period.

"Excuse me? You're Emery Black right?" I head a voice say.

I turned around and saw a boy in Draco's year with jet black hair, glasses, and a scar.

Harry Potter.

I don't know Harry that well but Draco seems to dislike him. He told me Harry's friend Hermione? I think her name was punched him in the face before Christmas break.

"Oh uhm yes I'm Emery," I said putting my book down, "What can I do for the famous Harry Potter?"

"You're dad, he escaped right?" he asked.

"Oh uh yes he did, but if you're here to ask me if I know where he is, sorry but I have no clue where he's at," I explained.

"Oh, do you by any chance know if he's ever mentioned and Lily or a James?" he kept on saying.

"Hm no not the know of sorry," I said.

"Oh alright, sorry for interrupting you," Harry said walking away.

When I went back to studying, I suddenly remembered a James. Remus had told me about his 3 best friends at Hogwarts. There was my dad Sirius, Peter and James.

I ran out of the library trying to find Harry. I looked all around the school but couldn't find him anywhere.

So I decided to see if any Gryffindors knew where he was. I went to go to find the Fat Lady Portrait.

When I had finally found it, the Fat Lady asked "What is a Slytherin doing in my presence?"

"Sorry, I'm just looking for someone who's a Gryffindor. Do you know if a boy named Harry has walked inside?" I asked.

"What do you need with Harry?" I heard someone walking towards me say.

I turned around to see two red heads. Twins in fact. Must be Weasleys.

"Oh hello. Well Harry asked me something in the library and at the moment I didn't know who he was talking about. But now I do remember," I explained to the two boys, "Do you to know where he is?"

"Well, we can check the common room for you bookworm," one of them said.

"Bookworm?" I asked confused.

"Well you are holding like 4 books there," the other one answered.

"Well my name isn't Bookworm. It's Emery," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well Emery, I'm George Weasley and this here is my lovely less handsome brother Fred," George said pointing at his brother.

"Another Weasley? How many of you are there?" I asked with a grin.

"Millions," Fred joked, "If you'd like we can take you inside the common room."

"Isn't that against the rules?" I asked.

"Not unless someone catches us, then no it isn't bookworm," George grinned.

"Fine," I said.

"But you need to cover your ears when we say the password," Fred muttered, "We don't want the other Gryffindors knowing," he said winking.

"Alright," I said as I covered my ears.

Suddenly the portrait opening revealing the common room. It was completely different than the Slytherin common room. It was much more basic, but it was extremely cozy.

There were a few Gryffindors in the common room and I could tell they were confused on why I was inside their humble abode.

Then I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Emery? What are you doing in here. You can't be in here! She shouldn't be here," Hermione said towards the twins.

"Emery, what are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"Well I know I said I couldn't recall a James. But now that I think about it My Uncle Remus did know a James," I told him.

"Really? Well do you know anything about him?" he asked sitting down on the couch near where I was standing.

"No, all I know is he was friends with my father but I don't know anything else sorry," I shrugged.

"Friends? Then why would he betray them like that?!" Harry said standing up.

"What do you mean?" I asked surprised.

"Your Dad is the reason my parents are dead!" he yelled.

I was shocked. I didn't know my dad did something like that. He's the one who got Harry's parents dead.

"Oh," is all I could say, "Harry I'm so sorry I didn't know."

"It's fine, now I'm really sorry, but I need to get going to my next class," Harry answered walking out of the common room with Hermione and Ron.

"Well, I guess I should leave," I awkwardly said, "Bye George, bye Fred. Thanks for letting me in."

"You are very much welcome Bookworm," Fred said with a wink.