Chapter 16

Today was the day of the quidditch world cup. A few weeks ago, I was informed that I would go to the world cup with the Weasleys.

Hermione and Harry were also going with us. Harry had arrived last night and Hermione just arrived and was upstairs waking up Harry and Ron.

George told me that when getting Harry from the Dursley's, they had gotten stuck in the fireplace. They had also pranked Harry's cousin, which I wish i could've seen.

Cedric and I have been lettering each other a lot this summer. I guess we've gotten close again. Surely not as close as we used to be, but closer than last year.

In the past couple of weeks, Ginny has been getting a little less awkward around me. We would have some nights where we would just stay up at night and talk about, really anything.

***

Once we all finished breakfast, we all headed out the burrow. None of us knew where we were going besides Mr. Weasley.

"Where are we going?" I heard Harry ask Ron.

"Don't know. Dad where are we going?"

"Just follow me. C'mon! Keep up," Mr. Weasley replied.

I was walking next to Hermione and Ginny, Ron and Harry behind us, the twins in front of us, and Mr. Weasley at the very front.

We walked for about 10 minutes and suddenly, we stopped.

"Arthur!" I heard a familiar voice say, "It's about time! We've been waiting here for a while now."

"Sorry Amos. Some of us slept in," Mr. Weasley said looking at Harry and Ron.

Amos? I thought.

I looked ahead of us and Mr. Diggory, Cedrics dad, was standing by a tree.

"This is Amos Diggory everyone. We work together at the ministry," Mr. Weasley informed.

Suddenly, someone jumped out of the tree we were standing by. It was Cedric.

"Ah, and you must be Cedric," Mr. Weasley said.

"Cedric?" Hermione asked me, "What's he doing here?"

"Don't know," I said.

We kept on walking and then suddenly Mr. Diggory approached me.

"Emery! It's good to see you. You've grown a lot since last summer," he said.

"It's nice to see you to Mr. Diggory," I said.

"Emery!" I heard someone say.

"Cedric, Hi!" I said giving my friend a hug.

"Im glad we're on good terms again."

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Do you know where we're going? And how are we going to get to the World Cup?" I asked him.

"You'll see," Cedric said with a grin walking faster.

"Ced! Wait up!" I ran to him.

As we kept on walking, we stopped at the top of a hill.

"Alright everyone! Stand around in a circle around here," Mr. Weasley said.

"Please don't tell me that's a port key," I said to Cedric.

He just laughed and I heard Harry say, "Why are you all standing by that old boot?"

"It isn't just an old boot," Fred answered.

"It's a port key," George continued.

"A port what?" Harry asked.

"You'll see" I said.

"Now everyone grab on! And on the count of three! One!" Mr. Diggory said.

"Two!"

"Three!"

And at that, we were all spinning in the air holding on to the shoe.

Most of us were screaming at the top of our lungs.

"Now all of you let go!" Mr. Weasley said.

"What?!" Hermione said.

"Let go!"

So, all of us let go, screaming, and scared about falling 50 feet down.

And that's what happened. Well, at least Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, George, Fred, and I fell almost face first.

Looking up, I saw Mr. Weasley, Mr. Diggory, and Cedric gracefully walking in the air.

We all got up and finally, we were at the quidditch world cup.

***

We parted our ways with Cedric and his father and I stayed with the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione.

We found a very small tent, and all went in. I thought to myself how we would all fit in it.

We walked in and the tent tripled in size.

"Girls pick a bunk and put all your stuff on it."

I was sharing a 'room' with Hermione and Ginny. They were play-fighting and arguing over top bunk.

"Emery! Tell Hermione that since i'm the youngest I get the top!" Ginny said while laughing and trying to get Hermiones stuff off the bed.

"Hey! No don't you dare Ginny!"

"Well, you two can argue all you want. I'll just take this one," I laughed and put my stuff on the bunk bed i chose.

"You're no help," Hermione said still laughing.

"Whatever," I grinned and went to where the Twins were.

"Hello boys," I said sitting down next to Fred.

"Ah, hello Emery."

"So, who are you rooting for tonight?" I asked them.

"The Irish of course!" they replied.

"Of course you are," I smiled.

Before the game started, I just hung out with Hermione and Ginny, while Ron was talking non-stop about Victor Krum, one of the players who was playing tonight.

There was laughing, arguing (mostly Ron and the Twins), and lots of fun.

This was probably the most fun I've had in my life.

Soon later, we all headed down to the arena where they were holding the game.