3. CHAOS IS COMPULSORY

Chapter 3: CHAOS IS COMPULSORY

*********************************

Alex's POV:

*********

Sam stubbornly took my bag from me and when he realised how light it was he shook it as if to understand what was inside, I doubt the pillow would make much sound, "what the hell, is this empty?" He asked me.

"Yeah, just like your brain", we walked up to the door and I pressed the doorbell

Sam couldn't make a show of getting offended, as soon the doors were opened and my mom stood in front of us looking shocked.

I smiled at her, "hey mom!" She stood there looking beautiful as always, in her off-white sundress.

"Alex, Sam? Oh no...." She said flatly, but slowly almost reluctantly stepped up to pull us into a hug.

"You don't have to thank us just yet." I smiled.

"What is all this?" She asked, gesturing at my bag in Sam's hand and he held it up as if to make it obvious as a billboard.

"Alex has decided to stay here, which means you would want to leave your own home." Sam announced.

"Oh don't be crazy Sam, that won't happen until a couple of days." Mom told him as if I was invisible in this scenario.

"I feel so wanted and loved," I replied flatly, but she only rolled her eyes and welcomed us inside.

"Come on both of you, let's get you settled in." She said pulling me inside. She didn't even ask me why I suddenly wanted to live here, but I was glad.

"What are you cooking?" Sam asked as the smell of something amazing from the kitchen became apparent.

"I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, it's almost done." She told us.

"Spaghetti and meatballs! Oh my god perfection, come on I'll help you finish it all mom." Sam said, pulling her towards the kitchen but I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"You just stuffed your face in the car you pig!" I reminded him.

"Don't call me a pig, that is speciesist!" He told me while walking away.

"Well, I'm sorry for offending a farm animal, but give me my bag before you go to the kitchen you idiot!" I called.

Sam looked down at the bag he held in his hand and then next thing I know he was sliding it towards me like they do in one of those action movies.

I stared at him wide eyed, as he dusted his hands and then disappeared inside the kitchen after mom.

*********************************

I went straight to my room and deposited my bag on the carpet. My room looked the exact same that it always was. It was comforting.

I went into my bathroom to wash my face and tie my hair up. As I was walking back to the kitchen I ran into dad. He was holding a pool cue stick for some reason.

"Hey dad! How are you?" I went ahead and gave him a hug, as he smiled.

"I'm good Lexi? Becca told me you were home, when did you get here?" He asked, smiling.

"Just now... Sam is around here somewhere, most probably in the kitchen stuffing his face." I said as I pulled away.

"Great." Dad poked my arm with the long pool cue stick that he was holding, and I looked at him questioningly. "Let's go play" dad suggested. "It's boring to play alone." he complained.