10: DIE IN A DITCH

Chapter 10: DIE IN A DITCH

***************************************

Alex's POV:

************

I was standing in the living room of the one place I've desperately avoided.

Black's mansion.

One week had gone by peacefully, well... as peaceful as it could be with my family going crazy and Jensen frustrating me on a daily basis.

But it was bearable in small doses and when I had some control over the situation, but this way... I couldn't deal with him. Especially when I'm in his territory and have little to no idea what is going to happen.

Jenny has invited all of us for dinner since it was Lydia's birthday. I couldn't deny the invitation and so instead of throwing a tantrum, I sealed my mouth shut and I instantly got ready to come here.

Thankfully, Jenny told me Sam was joining the dinner party too, so that means I won't be left alone with Jensen, where he would most definitely annoy the life out of me.

Lydia was still out working and so this was going to be a surprise for her. Most guests were here, and some of her close friends too... Everyone was trying to be of help and were having a good time. Mom has of course taken the job seriously, and was now working with what she had.

I haven't seen Jensen anywhere, so maybe he's not home yet, maybe he's still working. That almost seems too good to be true.

"We only have one hour before she gets here hurry!" Jenny said to her fiance who was stressing himself to blow another balloon as he had popped more than what he managed to get right.

"Jenny?" I grabbed her hand as she was walking past me in a hurry. "Do you want my help with something?"

"Umm... could you check if we have enough ice for drinks, I'll go see if the table is set..." And with that she was gone.

Ice. Fridge. Kitchen. Okay.

The Black's mansion was probably worse than a maze. I've been walking around for a while now, and I have found everything...I think I even saw a huge aquarium somewhere around here, but the kitchen, it's nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah, I want the corrections to be made ASAP...." A voice cut through the silence around me and I froze.

Jensen?!

What the heck was he doing here?

I realized he was walking towards my direction while speaking on his phone, and I increasingly panicked with every step he took forward.

He hadn't seen me yet and I quickly turned back on my heels and broke into a sprint. When I coincidentally found the kitchen on my way I quickly ran inside to hide myself.

Phew! Crisis averted.

I realised the kitchen smelled amazing with all the food that was prepared. How could I miss it? Looking at the huge fridge, I walked up to check for ice. I pulled open the door and scanned the fully stocked fridge for it while mumbling to myself "ice? ice? Where's ice? Geez... looks like someone drinks way too much orange juice around here."

I finally found a deep container which held ice cubes, I took it out to find it was pathetic because most of it had melted into water. I checked the temperature and fumed...which idiot changed the freezing temperature?!

Oh no, Jenny is gonna get stressed, I need to make more ice before she figures out what happened....I closed the fridge and "Aaaaahhhh!"

I jumped and screamed with my eyes closed, when I realised someone was standing right there behind the fridge door. "Shut up. It's just me!" a hand was suddenly covering my loud mouth, and I blinked up to see Jensen standing in front of me.