6: NO PROMISES

Chapter 6: NO PROMISES

**********************************

Alex's POV:

************

“Where should I start?” I asked tired as I sank into my chair while Will followed me after a boring as hell meeting. Shockingly enough he was still curious about Jensen and me.

“From the end, remember to always start at the end, I prefer to avoid any form of anticipation at all costs.” Will told me, and I gave him a strange look.

“We broke up.” I began, and then continued to tell him all the highlights, skipping all the unnecessary details and finally ended up on the same words I started with, feeling emotional as I deflated into the chair.

“Is it odd that you did all the talking and I’m the one feeling drained?” I scowled at him, while he looked as emotional as a cinder block. “I can not believe you dated your boss.” He stated bluntly and I wanted to disappear because of the judgement those words seem to suggest.

“I know.” I squeezed my eyes shut foreseeing many more critical remarks from Will, “Now, stop giving me those judgy eyes.” I shouldn't have told him, it was difficult to earn his respect in the first place.

“I’m not.” he straight out denied as he continued staring at me.

“You can’t just deny it when I see what you're doing!” I pointed out.

“I always look like this.” He said flatly, and as I considered his words I realised there was truth to them.

“Oh...I guess that’s true.” He should really stop judging the world.

He frowned as he looked away before meeting my eyes again, “That explains why he sent me a look that expressed how he would immensely enjoy my untimely demise.” Will said, describing Jensen’s death glare quite accurately.

“Don’t take it personally, it’s how he deals with everyone.” I told him.

“I cannot fathom you made me interfere in an impractical lover’s tiff.” He spoke with a hint of displeasure, like it was farther than the last thing he would prefer to do.

“Which part of ‘we broke up’ did you not understand? And what do you mean ‘made you’ I never asked for your help.” I scoffed.

Will exhaled quietly and I could almost read his thoughts: ‘That long story was awfully long with a blend of some of the poorest life decisions compiled into a single person’s life who also happens to be my superior. What did I ever do to deserve this? The rate of regression of human intelligence is quite alarming.’ I guess that last one was a constant.

“The situation seemed to call for help from where I was looking.” He said calmly, “And with all due respect Ms. Brook, your response to his advances seems illogical, now that I know the whole story.”

Illogical? My jaw hung low in silence. “What was I supposed to do? He appeared out of nowhere today and I wasn't prepared.”

“Even so, you should have known that avoiding him and sweeping the matter under the rug is not going to eliminate it.” He said.

“What am I supposed to do? I am not okay with the way he acted and I don’t plan to forgive him like nothing happened.”  I said, silently fuming.

“Don’t forgive him.” He said simply, making me frown in confusion. “Just yet.” he added. “Make him work for it, and if he really cares for you he will.” he said, sounding awfully unlike himself. “Discerning from the way you speak of him, you still feel something towards him so don’t give up, just make him realise it's harder to win you over this second time.”