Chapter 9

TRIS PRIOR

On Thursday I woke up earlier than expected. School didn't start for three hours and I had nothing else to do. I waited a couple of minutes before standing up and going to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and made sure my hair was completely cleaned. I wrapped a towel around myself and dried my body off.

For my outfit I picked a white tank top, a flowery skirt that went up to my thighs and light peach matching Sperry's. I brushed my hair and put a
cute hair band to give it a little style.

When I was done it was almost 7am, so I still had about an hour and a half. I went downstairs and saw Caleb in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Hey brother" I murmured.

"Hey inconsiderate sister," he said flipping the eggs in the pan and adding salt to it. I frowned at his comment.

"What did I do?" I asked sitting down.

"You totally ditched me yesterday. It was our sister/brother bonding time" he said crossing his arms and arching his brows. I took a minute to remember and then face palmed. Yesterday was indeed our bonding time. We were really ode when we were little kids, but when we were growing up we began making friends and then we couldn't hang out much. So he and I created a sister/brother bonding time twice a month. And I had forgotten. I am a heartless sister.

"Caleb I'm so sorry, I can't believe I forgot. I am so sorry. I'll make it up to you" I said as I hugged him and began shaking him "how about we hang out today in the afternoon"

Caleb looked down at me and then nodded his head "fine, but if you forget again I will not buy anything for your birthday" he threatened.

I laughed and nodded my head kissing his cheek and sitting back down.

We ate our breakfast in silence and then headed out to school together.

***
"So I will be assigning each one of you a partner for this project. It is due next week so all you will have to arrange meeting schedules at each other's house" the teacher said as she passed out the papers and then grabbed her notebook.

She started out calling names and by the end of it I still hadn't heard mine. Everyone got in their groups and I was sitting here looking everywhere.

I stood up and went up to her desk.

"Excuse me, Ms. Darren. I didn't get paired up with anyone" I murmured.

"Oh yes Tris, I forgot to tell you. We are getting a new student. He switched classes, he'll be here in a few minutes. He'll be your partner" she said. I nodded my head and waited.

Minutes later the door opened and Four came inside holding a couple of papers in his hands. He went up to the desk and talked to the teacher.

He tilted his head and looked at me, a smile forming on his face. Four grabbed his papers back and came to sit next to me.

"Hey partner" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"You're stalking me aren't you?"

"Ha you wish little one"

"Stop calling me that. I'm not little, Will is just taller than me" I defended.

"Sure, just like every person in this school little one"

"Whatever number boy"

He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, your house or mine?" he asked as he played with his pen, tapping it against his lower lip.