Chapter 12

TRIS PRIOR

Today was finally Friday and we were leaving at night. I hadn't even packed so as soon as I get from cheerleading practice I began throwing shorts and shirts inside my bag. I also picked a couple of sweaters just in case it was cold at night. I went to my bathroom and got everything I needed for this four days. We would be missing school on Monday, which was definitely good thing.

I still hadn't told Tobias that we needed to keep our relationship a secret. He hadn't gone to school because he had been working on his bike.

He had texted me telling me that he would meet me at the school. When I finished packing and making sure I had everything I went downstairs and place my heavy backpack next to the door.

The door flew open and Caleb came inside with a bunch of papers on his hand. He had a small smile.

"False alarm! It was negative" he said as he showed me the papers that indeed notified that Susan wasn't pregnant. Well this was good news, right? Why doesn't he look happy?

"Well that's good, isn't it?"

"Yeah I guess, but to be honest I was starting to get used to this pregnancy thing" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"But you're too young Caleb, you have all the time in the world to start a family" I said and he nodded his head.

"I know" he sighed.

"Well get ready because we are leaving soon" I told him. Caleb nodded before running up the stairs and into his room.

One hour later Caleb and I were heading out to the school with our bags on our hands.

The school's parking lot was full of students and there were three buses waiting for us. I got out of the car and waved goodbye to Caleb before going to find my friends. Well Tobias.

We needed to have a serious talk.

I found him talking to Zeke and Uriah. He was leaning against a wall with his bag on his shoulders. When he noticed me a smile made its way to his face.

"I'll be right back" he murmured and began walking towards me "hey, something wrong? you seem tense" he said as he placed his hand in my cheek.

"I need to tell you something" I said before putting my hand in his arm and dragging him with me. We stood behind the busses and I looked around to make sure no one was looking.

"Tris what's the matter?" he asked.

"I think we should keep our relationship to ourselves" I blurted out. His eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Why?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest. I could tell he was getting a bit angry and maybe annoyed.

"Because if they find out we are dating a lot of people are gonna hate me. Plus Christina doesn't really approve. You know since you're a 'player' and all" I said looking up at him. His expression changed into hurt and then anger.

"You think I'm a player? You think I'm toying with you?" he asked looking really offended.

"No, no, no. Of course not, if I did we wouldn't even be here. Christina does but I know that's not true" I said. I didn't like how this conversation was going, not one bit. Tobias was getting angry at me and I was just getting confused and messing up my sentences. Somehow I had managed to say all the wrong things.

"Also you have to keep your reputation and I wouldn't want to interfere" I said sighing. I was just making it worse, wasn't I? I might me the captain of the cheerleading team but I'm still kind of an outcast compared to Lauren and her crew. Tobias didn't let anyone know he played he guitar or that he could sing because he didn't want to ruin his reputation. I didn't want him to do it for me either.