Chapter 18

TRIS PRIOR

I was immediately confused when those words left his mouth. A fight? When and why? I thought he had gone home right after the party?

"What? If this is a joke Zeke it's not funny" I murmured shakily.

"I'm serious, I just got called from the hospital. We need to get there now"

"I'm on my way" I said as I hanged up and stood up. I quickly ran to my closet and grabbed a a pair of denim jeans and shoes. I quickly slipped them on before grabbing my phone and running down the stairs.

The drive to the hospital was short since it was only a few miles away from my house and there wasn't much traffic. I quickly pulled up and got out of the car. I ran to the ER and began looking around for my friends.

I spotted Zeke and Uriah sitting down on the blue uncomfortable chairs. I ran up to them and saw that Marlene, Shauna were already there.

"Where is he?" I asked. Zeke looked up at me and stood up from his chair before coming towards me.

"Inside, they won't tell us anything. Apparently the fight got serious. There was a broken bottle involved" he murmured. Okay, wow. I didn't think it was that bad. I covered my face with my hands and took a deep breath.

"He's gonna be okay," he murmured as he rubbed my back with his hands. I needed to see my boyfriend and make sure he was okay.

An hour had passed and we still didn't know anything about him. Christina and Will had gotten here and even my parents had come but they had to leave for work. I couldn't wait any longer. When I was about to push those doors open and try to find him by myself, the doctor came holding a couple of papers in his hand.

"You guys with Mr. Eaton?" he asked. We nodded our heads and got up from our seats "he's okay. There is some bruising from the fight and you need to take it easy on him as well. Luckily the stab wound was not too deep and he didn't lose much blood"

A stab? So the whole ordeal with the broken bottle had been true.

"Is he awake?" I asked.

"Yeah, you can see him but only one person at a time" he told us before walking away. We nodded our heads.

"You go ahead Tris, we'll wait" Uriah said smiling at me.

"Are you sure?" I asked. I really wanted to see Tobias but they were his best friends as well. Even though I'm his girlfriend, his friends are important too. Uriah and Zeke nodded their heads "trust me, he wants to see you first"

"Okay" I murmured smiling and walking towards his room. It was right at the end of the hallway and the door was closed just like the blinds.

I turned the doorknob and peaked my head inside. He laid in he bed with his head turned to the side and his eyes closed. I noticed a slight cut and bruise on the side of his face.

"Tobias" I murmured as I closed the door and went up to him shyly. I was scared that he was still gonna be mad at me. Or even worse, that he would hate me for doing this to him. I didn't want to shake him and cause him even more problems.

His blue eyes opened and he smiled.

"Hi baby" he murmured and sat up slowly "I'm in pain" he whined.

"I know, they told me you got in a fight," I told him as I went to sit by his side. Up close, I could see another cut right above his eyebrow, "what happened? I thought you went home?"

"I went back to the party to find you. I know I said I wouldn't but I was worried. These three guys started talking sh*t when I asked where you were and things got intense. I didn't even notice the guy swinging the bottle until it was at my side," he finished explaining.