Chapter 16

TOBIAS EATON

I kept pacing around my room trying to find something to wear for tonight. I had dinner with Tris's family and I was stressed out of my mind. So many possibilities were running through my mind. I had gotten of my crutches recently but I still could not run or jump.

What they didn't like me? Or if her dad asked me to stay away from her?

No, he wouldn't do that. I would prove myself to him. After all, I was in love with Tris Prior. I was willing to fight for her. And though I wanted to express my feelings for her, I don't know if I could. What if I scared her away?

"Tobias are you okay?" Tris asked interrupting my thoughts. She was laying on my bed with a thick book in her lap.

"Oh yeah I just don't know what to wear for dinner" I half lied scratching the back of my neck and laughing nervously. She raised her brows and nodded anyways.

"How does this look?" I asked as I put on a black blazer that I had in the back of my closet.

"Good" she said without taking her eyes off her book. I frowned.

"I'm serious baby, look at me" I sighed. Tris glanced at me then stood up, coming towards me. She fixed my blazer and cupped my face with her hands.

"There, handsome" she said and then pecked my lips sweetly making me smile "now let me study"

I groaned as she walked back to the bed and grabbed the encyclopedia looking book. I took of the clothes I had and folded them carefully, hanging the blazer in the closet. I had to make sure they didn't get wrinkles.

I slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants along with a muscle tee before jumping on bed. Tris laughed as I crawled up to her and kissed her lips taking her off guard. I grabbed her book and threw it on the floor, the object landing with a loud thud. I put my elbow down on the bed to support all my weight and continued kissing her.

I then kissed down her neck and sucked on her skin, finding her soft spot. She moaned making me smile.

"Tobias I have to study" she whispered. I groaned and pulled back "and I can't go to dinner tomorrow with a hickey"

I laughed and nodded my head against the crook of her neck. I pecked her cheek and sat up taking the book back. I then put Tris on my lap and I began helping her study.

***
I paced back and forth Tris's driveway running my fingers through my perfectly brushed, wet hair. I was losing my mind. I had never been in a relationship with anyone, therefore I had never been in this situation.

I didn't want mess this up.

I had literally spent hours in front of my laptop searching for ways to make your girlfriends parents like you. I was more pathetic than I thought.

I took out my phone and dialed Tris's number. She picked up in the second ring.

"Hey, are you on your way?" she asked her sweet voice easing my body, but still not completely. I was still tensed.

"Babe I'm outside, and I'm freaking out" I admitted as I looked up at her house. I saw the curtains of the right window move and then my girlfriends beautiful face appeared. she looked around until her eyes landed on me and a smile grew on her face.

I waved.

"Hey" I murmured.

"Hi" she smiled "come on up, they'll love you I promise. But you can't be late" she said as she shook her head. I grabbed the bouquet of flowers I had gotten and went up to the door.