Chapter 13

TRIS PRIOR

Tobias and I had finally finished building up our tent and setting our sleeping bags inside. I had stupidly forgotten to bring my tent and Tobias' was big enough for the both of us. He had suggested he would sleep outside in his bag but I refused.

"Here, I brought you a hot dog" Tobias said as he came inside the tent where I was reading a book in Kindle. I grabbed the hot dog from his hand, pineapple sauce dripping off of the side. I smiled and thanked him.

"You guys fully dressed?" Uriah asked as he covered his eyes, then peeked.

"Haha very funny" I murmured as I bit my hot dog, wiping the corners of my mouth with a napkin.

"He knows" I told Tobias.

"Oh I know"

"How?" I asked looking at him suspiciously. Tobias scratched the back of his neck and shrugged.

"I told him before we got into our argument" he told me. I shook my head giving him an amused smile, then turned my attention to Uriah. Marlene was coming towards us.

"So, I have this amazing app in my iPad and we can watch a movie before going to sleep" he said showing us he had Internet. Thank goodness. We cheered.

"Come on guys gather up!"

The four of us stood up and went towards the fireplace where almost everyone was sitting down. Our mathematics teacher stood in the middle next to the fire holding up a guitar. When Tobias and I were sitting down I looked over at him.

H shook his head.

I sighed and nodded my head. A guy grabbed the guitar and began playing while some of his friends sang along. He skillfully played, reminding me of the first time I heard Tobias play. I just wish he would show everyone how much talent he had.

"Hey baby," Lauren said coming to sit next to Tobias. But instead of that she sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around him.

I gritted my teeth in anger as I watched her flash him a flirty smile, which he didn't reciprocate. With annoyance, I stood up from my spot and began walking into the forest, completely ignoring the fact that I would probably get lost sooner or later.

[Tobias Eaton]

I cursed under my breath when I saw Tris standing up and walking inside the forest.

"Get off" I said trying to get Lauren to stand up. I really needed to go after Tris, I didn't want her to get lost.

"But I'm comfortable" she shrugged, pouting.

"Too bad" I said and stood up. She stumbled and landed on the dirt. I didn't care at all, all I cared about right now was finding Tris.

"Tris?" I said looking around. I couldn't see but I found her when I heard the sound of a branch breaking. I walked towards her and sighed when she ignored me.

"Tris stop" I said grabbing her by the waist and making it impossible for her to move away.

"Let me go Tobias!" she exclaimed trying to get free from my grip.

"No! I won't, at least not until you talk to me" I said. She crossed her arms and refused to look at me straight in the eyes. I sighed heavily. I don't know if keeping it a secret is a good idea anymore, it will bring trouble. I just know it.

"She called you baby" she frowned. I smiled at her jealousy. It meant she cared and that meant that she was totally worth fighting for.

"Tris" I murmured. She still refused to look at me. I placed my index finger under her chin and lifted her head up. Our eyes met and I could see a little bit of anger mixed with sadness. It made my heart sink thinking that I had hurt her feelings without even noticing "I'm not anyone's baby but yours. I'm yours, you're mine. That's all that matters. I don't care about Lauren. I won't ever. I only care about you"