Chapter two

Draco's POV 

The weeks went by rather fast after we visited Diagon Alley and before we knew it, It was the day to leave for Hogwarts. Evie was visibly excited, only a mudblood would think she's not. Evie had spoke of nothing but Hogwarts to me for weeks, and finally, it was time for her to go. I packed my trunk, closed the lid gently and clicked it shut. I smiled softly looking at my trunk knowing I wouldn't be alone this year and I was excited for her to join me. I turned to my door and thought of going to help Evie pack but decided just to meet her downstairs. I pulled my trunk off the bed with a clunk and dragged it across my room. I got to the door, turned around and took one last look at it. I glanced at the clock on my wall, 8AM, we'd be leaving soon. I pulled my trunk out of my door, and closed my door with a loud and echoing click in the empty, silent hall. When I got downstairs into the hall, mother and father were sat waiting for me at the table. I smiled at Mother and nodded at Father, who nodded back. I left my trunk by the front door and took my place at the cold table. 

"Make sure you look after her Draco. Nothing can happen to her" Father said viciously. 

"Yes, of course Father. But why can nothing happen to her?" I replied, burrowing my brows. 

"That, Draco, is none of your concern." He said sternly. I opened my mouth to reply but mother shook her head so I bowed my head. I heard the door click open gently and Evie walked in, with a wide smile on her face. "Come on, if we don't leave now, we will be late." He stopped dead in his tracks in the door. "Has anyone seen that useless house elf lately?" 

"No Father" Me and Evie replied, we looked at Mother and she shook her head. "Why do you ask?" I asked curiously. 

"I haven't seen him in a while and if the little rag was here, he would carry your trunks however I will have to put a spell on them. I assure you, he will be punished for dissapearing." He spat. Evie looked annoyed, but nodded and looked at her shoes. It felt like a long ride to the train station, and when we got there, Evie couldn't contain herself. She started bouncing, grabbed her trunk and ran inside the station. Father and me could barely keep up. 

"Is this it?" She asked, looking around, still smiling, but looked a little disheartened. Father let out a snort and I grinned at her. 

"Of course not" Father smirked, "Follow me" He said and we followed suit. I stopped outside the wall in between platform 9 and 10. "Now all you have to do is run straight into that wall." Father said now serious. I could tell he wasn't happy at all about Evie coming to Hogwarts. 

Evies POV

Father told me I had to run at the wall, but somehow I didn't believe him. I looked at Draco and he nodded, and I was suddenly excited again. I Grabbed onto the cold metal trolley that my trunk was on and ran straight at the wall. I closed my eyes tight, expecting to fall back after hitting the wall and them tell me it was all a prank, and this really was the station. But nothing happened, I opened my eyes and gasped. I was stood in front of a deep red and black steam train with Hogwarts Express printed across the front. I looked up and there was a sign to my right "Platform 9 and 3/4". This was it. I was going to Hogwarts. I felt Fathers hand on my shoulder which indicated me to keep walking. He walked me and Draco all the way up to the doors. 

"Draco, remember what I told you, and Evie, good luck" He muttered. Draco nodded and stood on the train, looked at me but I shook my head. 

"I'll meet you in a minute" I said reassuringly. He nodded and went down a corridor. Father looked at me intently, waiting for me to speak. I tried to find the right words to say to him but I couldn't think of anything. "Thank you, really it means the world" I told him, and wrapped him in a hug. He hugged me back, and I actually felt safe. I felt safe in Lucius Malfoy, the death eaters arms. He had never hugged me back. Never. I pulled away and smiled at him and saw that he had tears in his eyes. I had never seen him like this. 

"I can't believe my little girl is going to Hogwarts. Look after yourself darling" He told me, nodding. I smiled at him, he hadn't mentioned the family, or Slytherin since last week, and I thought he would before I got on the train. I stepped onto the train as it was one minute to eleven, and the train left at exactly Eleven. "Oh and make sure you try your best to be put in Slytherin like Draco, so he can keep an eye on you" He said, but I knew it wasn't because of that, he didn't want me to disappoint the family. I nodded and waved, and went onto the train. I took a deep breath in my nose, and could smell chocolate and sweets and smiled to myself, but then I remembered I had to find Draco. I walked past many compartments, but not finding Draco in any of them.

"Hey, Malfoy!" I heard a voice shout. I turned around quickly and saw the red-headed boy I recognised as George. Or Fred, they were twins so I wasn't sure, but I'm sure it was George. I was happy to see a familiar face but it was someone who Draco didn't like, so I rolled my eyes. 

"What do you want, Weasley?" I hissed. 

"Now, now Malfoy, no need to be like that" George laughed. A small boy with brown hair stepped forward and looked extremely nervous. He looked at George and frowned, but he looked petrified. 

"George-" He said timidly. I was right! It was George. "-that's not Malfoy" He said slowly. 

"Yes I am" I shot at him. He backed away quickly and started to shake. "I'm not Draco... but I'm Evie, Draco's twin sister" I hissed. George smiled at me and laughed slightly and shook his head. 

"Evie!" I heard Draco shout from behind me. I rolled my eyes and saw the brown haired boy start to tremble more and back away. "What are you doing talking to these blood traitors, and Longbottom?" 

"They were harassing me Draco, I was looking for you" I said sternly at him. 

"Well I found us a compartment with Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Blaise" He muttered. 

"Who?" I asked walking away from the Weasleys and Longbottom. Draco smirked but didn't say anything. It felt like we were walking forever, and we were getting many strange looks off people. We finally got to the compartment and Draco held the door open for me. "thanks" I muttered. I threw myself on the seat in the compartment but it wasn't very comfy. It wasn't until I started complaining about how uncomfortable the seats were before I realised Draco's friends were sat with us. I laughed awkwardly and sat up straight as Draco sat next to me. 

"Sorry about that, this is my sister, Evie, and Evie, this is Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Pansy" He told me suddenly eating some sweets he left on his chair. I smiled at them and they smiled back. Draco offered me a sweet but it didn't look very appealing. We sat in silence for a while and I was just watching out of the window. 

"So, how come you didn't come to school last year?" Blaise asked curiously. I was snapped out of my thoughts. 

"Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you" I replied, not looking away from the window. I saw him exchange glances with Draco and the rest of their friends in the reflection of the window. I looked away from the window and looked Blaise straight in the eye. "Sorry. Just I don't know" 

"That's alright" He smiled, looking a bit happier now I had spoken to him. 

"You're very pretty" Pansy told me. I snorted. My hair was only hanging straight, I didn't have any makeup on and I was wearing a plain black robe with a jumper and shirt. I definitely didn't look as pretty as I could. 

"Thank you, you too" I replied smirking. 

"You're definitely a Malfoy. You and Draco have the same smirk" Blaise laughed looking from me to Draco. I laughed and nodded. We sat talking the rest of the way to Hogwarts, and I grew to realise that Crabbe and Goyle didn't talk much. However I started to like Blaise and Pansy. 

"We're here" Draco said, looking out of the window. I looked quickly out of the window and saw the outline of Hogwarts. My jaw dropped and I started smiling so widely my cheeks hurt. The castle was lit up as it was night, it was more amazing than I had ever dreamed it would be. I couldn't wait to get started, and I had my brother and my new friends around me to help.