Chapter 11

Snapes POV

Since Evie got her new room with Weasley around a month ago, I had hardly seen her. She was always in lessons; or in her room. I knew the password but I didn't want to intrude on her. The only time I seen her was when she was in my potions class; in which time I was always busy lecturing everyone, or at meal times when she was always sat with the Gryffindors. I had missed her terribly. I decided to go make sure she was okay after dinner. Sure enough; she say with the Gryffindors.

"Tuck in!" Dumbledore bellowed across the hall, as he did every night. I kept myself to myself, as I always did. I barely ate. Once dinner ended my eyes landed upon Evie. She had her hand clasped with George's, their hands intertwined. The corners of my mouth life's slightly, into a half smile. Evie deserved some happiness after what Lucius put her through. "Severus. I trust you know what day it is" Dumbledore declared, not failing to keep his voice down. I shushed him, by giving him and death glare. He chuckled, yet raised his eyebrow.

"Of course I do. January 8th" I mumbled.

"Then I trust you know what day it is tomorrow?"

"No?" I sarcastically muttered. Dumbledore raised his eyebrows fiercely at me. "Of course I do. I've had the same birthday for 34 years Albus"

"Well then. What are your plans?"

"I have none."

"Well would you join me for a meeting in my office tomorrow afternoon?"

"I don't see why not" I retorted. I looked over towards where Evie was stood and saw that she had left. "Excuse me Albus, I need to visit Evie. I haven't checked on her in a while"

"Of course m'boy. I shall see you tomorrow." Dumbledore smiled, gliding away. He was soon engrossed in conversation with McGonagall. I sighed and left the Great Hall. I got to Evie's bedroom and knocked gently. I didn't want to startle her. I heard the door open slightly and saw her cold grey eyes glaring at me through the small gap in the door. When she saw it was my, she opened it wider and smiled.

"I wasn't expecting anyone!" She smiled, motioning for me to go in. I frowned, but stepped in.

"Is Weasley here?" I asked. I was going to ask about her task, but if Weasley was there; that wasn't going to happen. She shook her head. "How is the task coming along?"

"Good I guess. Me and George are amazing, we're getting on so well. But I-" she started. But broke off.

"You what?"

"I think I love him Severus" she sighed. I also sighed too, sitting on the arm of her sofa. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked up at her, a grin forming on my face.

"I'm glad your happy Evie. God knows; you deserve a bit of happiness after this year"

"Thank you Sev. Also, me and Harry are becoming really good friends. There's nothing really to report though..." She mumbled, almost as though disappointed in herself. I chuckled.

"That's fine. You know I'm proud of you no matter what?"

"Of course I know dad-" She began, making her way towards the fire, but stopped dead in her tracks when she said it. I also stopped and stared blankly at her. "I'm so sorry" she mumbled, turning a beetroot red and casting a spell in the fire to light it. I smiled widely.

"You think of me as your dad?"

She was still beetroot red. I raised my eyebrows at her and she sat uncomfortably in the armchair opposite me "Well. Uh- yes. But not because of what my father did; uhm because you treat me like a father should treat a daughter"