Chapter 14

A/n: probably gonna be another long*ish* chapter guys. Hope you's are enjoying the story!

Evie's POV

I left Dumbledores office, after agreeing that I would go comfort Hagrid. I might ask Harry, Ron and Hermione to come with me, they love Hagrid. I decided to meet them at Lunch and ask them to join me. They keenly agreed. I decided against going to my lessons the rest of the day; I just wasn't in the mood for them, I'd catch up later. The library was very quiet, there was only me and Madam Pince for the majority of the day. I was busily reading a transfiguration book, I didn't notice Madam Pince come over and pull a chair out next to me. We got on quite well, we barely talked; but sometimes we had a very small conversation. Which is more than most people got from her. I must have had a habit on getting harsh Professors to like me. First Snape, and now Pince.

"Dear, aren't you going to your lessons today?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I snapped my head up at her and shook my head politely. "Why?"

"Don't know to be honest. I will catch up not to worry" I smiled reassuringly. She nodded.

"I'm just worried you will get into trouble. Although I'm sure Professor Snape will get you out of it. Speaking of." She started, glaring at the door. I turned my head to look in the direction she was and sure enough, Severus was walking through the library; completely unaware that me and Pince were glaring at him. He had a concentrated look on his face, and he was frowning more than usual.

"Professor?" I asked, standing up. His head snapped in my direction and smiled gently when he seen me. He quickly made his way over to me and nodded his head shortly at Madam Pince. She gave a slight smile back. "Is everything okay?"

"I need a book, I'm making a potion for Lu- someone and need a book as something seems to have gone wrong and I am extremely concerned as to why. As you know, I am a very skilled potion maker which leads me to believe someone has mixed up my ingredients. I need a book to confirm before I make any assumptions though"

"Oh. I can help you look for the book if you wish" I offered. His lips curled into a half smile and shook his head.

"As much as I would like that, should you be in class?"

I shuffled awkwardly for a moment, he looked confused but Madam Pince answered for me. "Actually Severus, she hasn't been to her lessons after Potions with you first."

"I sent you to your lesson did I not?"

"Well, yes but you see-" I started but he cut me off.

"Go to my office. Keep an eye on the potion. I'll talk to you there"

Snapes POV

I watched as Evie hastily left the library. The large door clicked as she left and I turned to Madam Pince and sighed. She laughed and shook her head.

"What potion are you brewing Severus?"

"Wolfsbane." I replied simply. I wasn't in the mood for small talk. She led me to the exact book I was needing. She searched my face quickly. I flicked through the book, and oh for fuck sake! I missed one ingredient, although it wouldn't hurt to put it in after everything else. It had been so long since I had made that potion, I simply thought I could do it off the top of my head.

"For Remus I presume?" She inquired. I gritted my teeth at the sound of his name but nodded regardless. She gave a short "ah" and returned to her desk. I sighed once more and made my way back to my office down in the dungeons, where Evie would be waiting for me. My door flew open a bit more harshly than I would have liked it to. My eyes landed on Evie who stopped dead in her tracks. It was obvious she had just dropped something into the potion. My eyes widened it horror; as I had no idea what she put in.