Chapter 5

Evie POV

Weeks went by, and nothing special really happened. Mother wrote back and told me that her and Father were happy I was in Slytherin and they knew I was going to do well. However not one word mentioning that they were proud of me. Me and Draco spent a lot of time with Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. A few days ago, there had been an attack on Filch the caretakers cat and a message on the wall saying the Chamber of Secrets had been opened. Draco was sure that whatever it was that did the attack was going to wipe out the mudbloods. George and I hadn't really spoken, and I was glad because I got to spend more time with my Slytherin friends and not get confused. I soon found out that Draco bullied Potter, so Weasley and Granger badly, and I felt I had to participate, even though I didn't want to. When the attack happened, Potter got the blame for attacking Mrs Norris and writing on the wall and Draco found it very amusing.

"Potter deserves everything that's coming to him" Draco would say and I always forced out a laugh. I also soon learnt that Professor Snape knew my father awfully well and he treated me and Draco better than any other Slytherin and the Slytherins over any other house. Snape also despised the Golden Trio and all of the Weasleys.

I walked to Potions by myself after lunch. Draco had to write to Father about something, and left me alone. He asked me to tell Snape that he would be late. I nodded and headed down to the dungeons. Professor Snape was actually nice when he liked you, but if he didn't, then your life would be hell. I was thinking about how odd potions would be without Draco in it for a while and was startled when someone tapped on my shoulder. I whipped around and Potter was stood behind me.

"Mind if I walk with you?" He asked politely. I was confused, where were Weasley and the Mudblood?

"Of course I care, do you know what would happen to my reputation if I was saw with you?" I grumbled, turning back around and walking. He followed me. Great. "What do you want?" I asked venomously.

"I was just going to ask why you're so awful to me, Ron and Hermione. You know I feel like it has something to do with your Death Eater parents or your bully of a brother" He said very calmly. He was watching me intently. I rolled my eyes and didn't reply, but kept walking. "Well?" He asked again grabbing my wrist. I got such a fright I whipped my wand out of my robe with my spare hand and pointed it straight at him. He stepped back and let go almost immediately and pulled out his own wand. I looked around, we were outside of Snape's classroom. I wonder if I would get in trouble if I attacked him. We hadn't learned many spells, but I had learned the disarming spell alone, without any help, and no one else that I was aware of had learned it. We stood there, wands pointed at eachother for a moment, and people were starting to crowd around. I saw Potter notice this and he was about to cast a spell at me, at any minute.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted and Potters wand came flying out of his hand into my own. I smirked down at his wand which was clasped in my hand. The Slytherins around me started to applaud in awe and other students gasped as we hadn't learned that spell yet. Granger came around the corner, realised what had happened and started yelling at me.

"Give him his wand back, Malfoy!" She yelled. She really wasn't scary in the slightest. She thought she was intimidating but she must of forgotten I grew up around Death Eaters.

"Why should I?" I teased, spinning his wand around in my fingers, grinning ear to ear.

"So it's not Draco's fault your like this. George tried to convince us your only like this when your around Draco and you have a soft side!" She shouted. My face faltered a little but I couldn't let her get to me. My smirk returned.

"And how would he know that anyway?" I said very calmly staring at Potter's wand.

"When he showed you to the Owlery, he said you were being very nice to him and telling him about your-" Granger carried on, rolling her eyes. I had enough. I ran up to her, pushed her against the wall and pushed my wand up to her neck.