Chapter 10

Snapes POV

Sweet merlin. When I heard those words Draco said to Evie, I knew that she could not stay in the Slytherin Common Room. She will remain by my side. I could not lose the girl I thought of as a daughter. Thankfully, when I told Evie she would be staying in my quarters, she did not protest but simply agreed. She fell asleep rather early that night. I stayed awake a few hours after her, sitting in the arm chair in-front of the fire. I was reading a muggle book, I was reading MacBeth by Shakespeare. I didn't like Shakespeare's work, yet something about MacBeth drew me in. I eventually gave up on reading, and settled the book down next to me. Throwing a quick glance in Evie's direction to make sure she was okay and still there was slowly becoming a habit. Shaking my head slightly, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I stood infront of my mirror, running my fingers through my dark, slightly greasy hair. I made a mental note to wash it tomorrow. I changed into my Pyjamas and climbed into my bed. Lying awake in bed with my brain thinking. Why would Lucius do this to such an innocent girl? I was Dracos godfather, but was never appointed Evie's. I shut my eyes tight, praying for sleep. I hadn't slept properly in months, it was just the way I was adapted. Finally, after a long hour or two; I felt myself drift of into a refreshing light sleep.

I awoke first the next morning, as I always did, only to see Evie was missing from her bed. My heart immediately started to race in panic, when I seen her exit the bathroom. My palpitations slowed down, but didn't stop. She was already ready for the school day.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, getting out of bed to go and grab my normal, everyday white shirt, black jacket, black pants and my black cloak. She raised her eyebrows.

"Great Hall. I think gonna go meet George." She told me, her eyes sparkling. I nodded.

"Fine. Go wait in my office while I change, then we'll go together." I muttered, motioning her to leave through the door that leads to my office. She nodded and left, while I changed. When I was finally dressed I also went into my office. "ready for your first day?" I asked. She nodded excitedly, causing my lips to curl into a smile. I chuckled and led her to the Hall. I opened the doors and figured it was pretty quiet, apart from Potter at the Gryffindor table. I nodded towards him to Evie, and she smiled. She made her way over to the stupid Gryffindor table, while I strutted towards the staff.

Evie's POV

Severus nodded towards Harry and I immediately made my way over to the Gryffindor table. Harry was alone, Ron, Hermione, George nor Fred were with him. He sat looking confused, helping himself to some toast. I slowly made my way over to the table, he looked up and smiled.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Morning! I slept fine thanks how about you!" I replied, I was still standing. Harry noticed this and motioned towards the bench opposite him. I slid down.

"I couldn't sleep. That's why I'm here so early. Ron and Hermione and everyone are still sleeping, are you going to get something to eat?" He asked, pointing to all the food infront of me.

"Don't you mind?"

"Of course not. Help yourself" Harry smiled. I helped myself to some sausages and bacon, and started to slowly eat them. "So, Evie. How come you like George this year? Don't get me wrong; yous are a cute couple, but you hated us last year didn't you?" He asked, he was clearly trying to make conversation but it was a little bit awkward.

"Oh, I didn't hate yous last year. I just spent all my time with Draco. Last year was my first year, I didn't really know how to think or speak for myself to my brother, however this year. I couldn't care less" I admitted. Harry raised his eyebrows in shock.