Chapter 15

Evie's POV

Before I could do anything, Harry was sprinting towards the Whomping Willow. I tried to grab him but he was already out of my reach; he only stopped running when a branch of the tree curled and whacked Harry straight in the stomach. He was thrown back and lay on the floor grunting in pain. Hermione lowered herself next to him and lifted his t-shirt. I winced at the sight of a sharp bruise already forming on his abdomen. Hermione gasped and stood up while Harry was clasping his stomach.

"How do you think we can get in?" She asked worriedly. I turned towards the tree and pulled my wand out of my robes.

"Let's see if this works. Immobulus" I shouted at the tree. The tree went from aggressively swishing everywhere to calm and swishing softly. I smirked to myself proudly and put my wand away. I turned to Hermione and Harry and nodded. "Let's go. Harry can you walk?"

"I'll try" He mumbled, I held my hand out for him and he took it and stood up, wobbled for a moment then found his balance. He smiled and let go of my hand. "Thanks"

We made our way towards the tree and thankfully my spell worked. We followed the tunnel and eventually got to some steps. It was dark and dusty down here and there were rats scurrying along the floor. I flinched as a gush of wind came from the entrance and a layer of dust flew over, almost flying into my eyes. "Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione questioned, going up the first few steps.

"I have a hunch. I just hope I'm wrong." Harry mumbled, following Hermione. As we made our way up the stairs, we realised we were now in a house. It was creaking everywhere and we heard Rons muffled wails from upstairs. Harry wasted no time is rushing to the room that the wails were coming from. Harry and Hermione rushed into the room where Ron was sprawled out across the bed, his leg upright and clutching Scabbers tight. I froze in the doorway, something wasn't right, I could sense something behind the door. There was a scent of dog and a small scent of smoke. Harry didn't notice this and burst over to Ron, crouchi N beside him and wincing at his leg. "Ron! Are you okay!"

"Harry go, it's a trap, he's the dog, he's an animagus!" He cried. Harry stood up and the door I was keeping open threatened to shut on me. I shoved the door open hard and ran over of Harry.

"Harry, I think it's Black" I mumbled quietly in his ear. I felt his heart rate increase as the door was slowly pushed open, and it was revealed that it was Black that was stood behind the door. Harry stumbled back but Hermione caught him, then made her way around to the front of him, guarding him. I quickly made my way over to Ron, to see if he was alright.

"I'm fine, my leg just hurts and I don't want Harry to get killed." Ron whispered furiously. I looked back at Harry and Hermione who were arguing with Black. Before I could reply to Ron saying that was Harry was going to be okay, Black pointed directly at Ron.

"His rat! Is Peter Pettigrew!" Black cried desperately, I quickly turned to Ron who was clutching the rat tight, as he was trying to get out of Ron's reach. A large crash from beside Black made me, Harry and Hermione to whip around, and causing Ron's eyes to widen. Professor Lupin burst through the door, wrapping Black in a tight hug. There was a creaking outside of the room that I noticed, and I furrowed my brows.What Lupin and Black were saying was inaudible as I noticed the air went funny. An invisibility charm was wearing off and when it did, it showed none other than Severus. He put his finger to his lips and I was the only one who had noticed his presence. I nodded and turned to Hermione.

"We gotta do something Mione" I whispered. She nodded and passed her want quickly to Harry as Lupin and Black were yelling about Ron's rat. Ron grabbed Hermiones hand and pulled her down next to him. I went and stood beside Harry, intertwining our fingers. He looked at me shocked for a moment but caressed the back of my hand with his thumb. Oh no. I was falling in love with Harry fucking Potter. I smiled at our hands as Severus came bursting into the room, apparently he'd seen enough.