Chapter six

Evie's POV

God. Weeks went by again and there were more and more attacks. Funny thing is, Potter was getting blamed for them. But I could tell the trio were trying to blame me. Snape kept his word and was keeping an extra close eye on me. Draco was also sticking to my side. We were walking to Defence Against the Dark Arts with Lockheart, walked in and took our seats at the back. Lockheart started rambling on about his books again and me and Draco sat making notes at the back of the class and throwing them at people. I had just wrote one to Potter when the classroom door opened. Who was it? Everyone was here. It was Snape. He strutted in, straight down the middle of the desks straight to Lockheart. Me and Draco looked at eachother in confusion.

"Professor Snape! What can I do for you" Lockheart said enthusiastically.

"I need the Malfoy twins to come with me." Snape said coldly. Walking over to our desk and tapping on it, as though telling us to stand. Lockheart narrowed his eyes but nodded and smiled. "Come you two, you have a visitor" He said holding the door open for us. I looked at Draco with worry and he returned the same look. We followed Snape to his office. He held the door open for us once again and let us in. Father was sat in Snapes chair, glaring at us. "I'll leave you to it" Snape muttered, leaving and shutting the door behind him.

"Hello Draco, Evie" Father grinned suspiciously. What did he want? Why was he here?

"Hello Father" Me and Draco muttered, me looking at the floor and Draco looking him dead in the eye. "Why are you here?" I asked. Father smirked.

"I have spoken to Severus. Apparently you two have made a rather good start to the year. Therefore your reward, is for you both to join the Slytherin Quidditch team." Father said calmly. Draco's face turned into the widest smile Id seen in a while. I smiled a little bit, me and Draco always used to play quidditch in out garden, just the two of us.

"Father, we don't have brooms" I pointed out. He let out a chuckle and pointed to behind us, next to the door. Me and Draco whipped around. There were two brand new Nimbus 2001s, which were the newest broom out there. My jaw dropped in awe. I rushed over and held the broom in my hand. I ran my cold fingers over the shiny black wood all the way down to the bristles on the bottom.

"Severus, you can come back in!" Father shouted and Professor Snape wandered back in. He smiled at the broomstick in my hand and shook Fathers hand.

"Thank you Lucius. Good look with Dumbledore" Snape said cooly. Father nodded and left. What did he mean Dumbledore? "Now, Draco, you will play Seeker, Evie, you will play chaser. You are also excused from the rest of your lessons today, you need to practise. I will come with you as you aren't allowed to walk alone now because of these attacks." Me and Draco nodded and followed him down to the pitch. It was icy cold and we were in our school robes, but Snape told us we could not play in them in this winter weather. The Christmas holidays were starting next week, but me and Draco decided to stay at school. Mother and Father seemed extremely busy, and we didn't want to disturb them. Snape took us into the changing rooms he handed us each a green uniform, each with Malfoy written in large letters across the back. Snape left the changing room for us to get changed, and we went in seperate rooms and got our robes out. I finished first and went to wait outside the tent for Draco. Snap was stood just beside the pitch so I made my way over to him. "Green is your colour Malfoy" Snape laughed. "You suit it"

"Thank you! I'm happy I'm on the team" I replied smiling at him. I turned around and saw Draco walking out of the tent, broomstick in his hand. "You suit green almost as much as me Draco" I laughed.

"Why thank you very much" He replied sarcastically. Snape grinned at us and led us onto the pitch.

"Right. You two practise, Evie shoot the quarrel into the either of the three posts, and Draco, you try your best to catch the Snitch." Snape to us, before heading up to the stands. Draco smiled at me. I climbed onto my broomstick and kicked off into the air. It was so smooth, I was soaring through the air, without a care in the world. I sped down to the ground, grabbed the Quaffle and soared toward the goalposts, I kicked it straight in the middle one and did a flip over my broom. I scored many goals while practicing but it started to get dark. Me and Draco landed on the ground and walked up to the stands. "You two will be a great asset to the team" Snape smirked, getting to the field. Me and Draco looked at eachother and grinned. Me, Draco and Snape walked the rest of the way back to the common room. Draco said the password and stepped into the portrait, and I went to follow but Snape grabbed my wrist. "Evie, a word if you please"