Chapter three

Evie POV

Wow. I was actually here. I was actually at Hogwarts. Draco was right by my side, and I knew he wasn't going anywhere. The path was long, and muddy. I heard a man in the distance shouting for first years. I knew Draco had been made a fuss of like this last year, and I wished I had too. It was a shame, but it couldn't be helped. And I was here now. Draco and all of his friends took me to some carriages, being pulled by nothing at all.

"Draco, what's pulling the carriages?" I asked intently. I noticed Blaise was staring at me, I blushed and looked back at Draco.

"I dunno" He shrugged, getting onto the carriage. "You coming or what?" He grinned. I smirked and grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. We sat talking in the carriages, I wasn't paying attention when we arrived at the doors of Hogwarts. A man in a black cloak was approaching us fast. He had dark, greasy hair down to his shoulders, and he looked very scary. Was he the headmaster? No, that was Dumbledore. But then, who was this man? For a second I thought he was going to walk straight past us, but he didn't. He stopped directly in front of Draco and me. "Good evening Professor" Draco said smirking at him.

"Good evening Draco, good holiday?" He asked coldly, not changing his facial expression. His voice was deep, and cold. Draco nodded, still smirking. The Professor nodded at him. "And you, must be Evie Malfoy is that correct?" He asked turning to me. My heart stopped. His nose was long and crooked and he had almost black eyes. I very slowly nodded, and he nodded back. "I thought so, Lucius told me we were expecting another Malfoy this year" So he knew my Father. How? Were they friends? So many thoughts crossed my mind. "You will follow me, and you will be sorted in Professor Dumbledore's office." He snarled. I rather didn't like his tone, but nodded anyways. Me, Draco and the Professor walked through the castle, and the castle was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The staircases moved, the paintings moved, and I couldn't keep the smile off my face as we were walking through. After what felt like forever, we arrived at what must be Dumbledores' office. The Professor muttered something and the Gargoyle starting moving, me, Draco and the Professor hopped onto the stairs and went up to the dark wooden door which must lead to the headmasters office.

My heart was racing. I felt sick. The Professor knocked on the door and I heard a voice saying come in very vaguely. The Professor held open the door for Draco and me and we walked through. "Woah" I said, looking around the office. It was a sphere and it was very big and elegant. I looked to where the headmaster was sat and saw a hat sitting on his desk. The headmaster chuckled and stood, taking his glasses off and glaring at me with a smile on his face.

"Yes, sometimes, I sit at my desk and just admire the view of my office" He smiled at me. "Thank you for bringing Mr and Miss Malfoy up to me Severus." And they both nodded at eachother. "Now, on to the important part, Miss Malfoy if you would-"

I walked slowly up to his desk and sat on his chair, while Dumbledore placed the sorting hat onto my head.

"Well you're difficult to place, but I think your bravery and courage would prove best in Gryffindor-" The hat muttered in my ear. I opened my eyes and hoped that Draco had not heard that the hat thought I would do well in Gryffindor. 'please, I need to be in Slytherin, I need to be' I thought sternly, hoping the hat would notice my concerns. "If your sure, Evie Malfoy" It muttered again in my ear. "Slytherin!" It shouted loudly. I looked at Draco who was smiling widely, and back at Dumbledore who was also smiling.

"Another Malfoy in Slytherin, does not surprise me" Dumbledore bowed his head to me. "Now, Miss Malfoy, Professor Severus Snape will be your head of house, any rule breaking you will lose points, and any triumphs you will earn points for your house. At the end of the school year, points will be added and the house with the most points wins the House Cup. Now, Professor Snape takes this very serious, so try not to lose too many points" Dumbledore chuckled. He swished his hand and Slytherin robes and a Slytherin jumper appeared. "Please change after we leave, and Mr Malfoy will wait outside for you and take you down to the Hall for the feast" He smiled. I looked over at Snape who was smirking to himself looking out of the window.