Chapter four

Evie POV

I woke up rather early the next day. I got up and stretched, and saw that everyone else was still sleeping. I saw Pansy was asleep so took my chance to slip out and grab some breakfast before anyone woke. I shoved my hair quickly into a ponytail and pushed my robes and shoes on. I yawned and slipped out of the room. I ran down the stairs and got to the common room and remembered I had to write to father. I grabbed some parchment and ink and went to the Great Hall for breakfast. From the Hall to the Common Room was the only place in Hogwarts where I remembered how to get to. I got to the doors of the Great Hall and pushed them open. The Hall was empty apart from a couple of first years and older students at the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw table. Luckily for me the Slytherin table only had first years on it. I slid onto the bench, helped myself to some food, got the parchment and started to write my letter.

Dear Mother and Father,
I hope that this letter finds you well, and I write to you with news. I got sorted into Slytherin last night, just as you hoped I would, like Draco. I hope you are proud of  me. Sorry I am writing this letter in a rush so it's not very long, I start lessons soon. I will make sure to write properly soon.
All the best,
Evie M

"That'll do." I muttered to myself, shoving a piece of toast into my mouth. The food was delicious. I heard the doors open and I looked up, hoping it was no one from Slytherin, I was enjoying my time alone. Thank god, it was only Professor Dumbledore. He smiled and waved at me, and I did the same back. I never understood why father said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to Hogwarts. I folded the parchment and and wrote "Mr Lucius Malfoy and Mrs Narcissa Malfoy" neatly on the front. I nodded at it and ate another slice of toast. Then I realised. I didn't know where the owlery was. Then it hit me. Dumbledore was sat at the front with another Professor with thin lips and glasses. I stood up slowly and made my way to where Dumbledore was sat.

"Ah, good morning Miss Malfoy, how can I help you?" He smiled as I approached. The other Professor narrowed her eyes at me and thinned her lips even more. I looked uncomfortably back at Dumbledore.

"Uhm, I have a letter for my mother and Father here, but I'm not too sure where the Owlery is. I was wondering if you could tell me?" I asked politely, smiling at him. Dumbledore chuckled and looked at the other Professor.

"Evie, this is Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor. Usually I would ask her to give directions but as you asked politely I will get another student to show you. Proffesor McGonagall, any suggestions?" He chuckled looking at Professor McGonagall. I stared at her, hoping it was not anyone from Slytherin, I couldn't be bothered with the questions about my father. She smiled and pointed to the door which had just opened. Dumbledore grinned at her and nodded. "Ah, Mr Weasley, if you would join me please" He shouted. My heart dropped and I slowly turned around. Great. George, again. He didn't look too happy about coming up as he was with Fred and another boy from Gryffindor.

"Good morning Professors, Malfoy" He muttered glancing at me. I nodded and looked at the floor.

"Professor McGonagall and I were hoping you could show Miss Malfoy around the school today, as Mr Malfoy appears not to be here at this present time." He smiled at George. George looked shocked for a minute, looked at me quickly and nodded. "Thank you, George. 20 points to Gryffindor" Dumbledore smiled. George grinned back at him, and then indicated for us to leave.

"So Malfoy, Where do you need?" He asked softly.

"Eat first. Then we'll go" I muttered. He rolled his eyes. "I'll go sit at the Slytherin table until your ready to leave"

"No, it's okay, you can sit at the Gryffindor table with me, Freddie and Lee"  he smiled. I didn't want to, but I looked up to the gleaming Dumbledore and saw I had no choice. I nodded and sat next to George opposite Fred and the boy who must be Lee. "Fred, you know Malfoy, Lee this is Evie Malfoy"

"Alright?" Lee asked, shoving some sausages into his mouth. I pulled a face at him for a moment then remembered what George was doing for me, smiled and nodded. "Good" he mumbled. I raised my eyebrows and realised the Hall was starting to fill up. Barely any Slytherins were in yet, but I seen Potter, Ron Weasley and Granger walk in.

"You done yet? Only I need to go before Draco sees me" I muttered to him. He looked up and nodded and stood up, explaining to Fred and Lee where we were going. I said my goodbye and thanks to the two of them for letting me sit with them and we left.

"What are you doing with her?" Ron shot at George. Throwing me a dangerous glare. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Dumbledore asked me to Ron, now go get your breakfast" George told him, pushing him away.

"We need to go" I told him. He nodded, grabbed my hand and we ran out of the Hall. He pulled me through many corridors until we got outside the castle, where no one could see us.

"I'm guessing you need the Owlery yes?" He asked, finally letting go of my hand. I nodded slowly, and burrowed my brows confused as to how he knew and he pointed at my hand with the letter in and chuckled. "So... what's it like being Draco Malfoy twin sister?" He asked, I glared at him thinking he was being sarcastic but he looked serious.

"You know, you might all hate him but he takes good care of me. It's my father you need to watch out for. He's the problem" I told him.

"Your father was a Death Eater yes?" He asked.

"Yes, and my mother. I'm not proud of it. But I'd rather not talk of it right now, how do I know your not going to go tell the mudblood Granger, Potter and Ron"

"I wouldn't. I would only tell Fred, but I can promise I won't" He replied, seeing the look on my face. I rolled my eyes. "Just up these stairs and we're here" He told me. I nodded and went to say thank you, but he followed me up the stairs. "I have a question"

"Go on" I muttered, getting to the top and tying my letter to a school owls leg. "Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, Malfoy Manor" I told the owl. I turned to George to hear his question.

"Does your family have a house elf?" He asked curiously. I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes. Called Dobby." I told him and we started walking back down the stairs. "He's been missing the past few weeks though, barely seen him and he's been punishing himself for no reason. Father and Draco keep reminding him to punish himself more though for some reason. I think Draco forgets Dobby was always there to play with us when we were younger as Mother and Father were always busy with The Dark Lord and the rest of the Death Eaters. Draco barely played with him, and tried to listen in on the meetings, but he never got very far. However I always played with Dobby, I had no one else to play with, and that's a house elves job right? Look after the family they work for?" I rambled on, not realising until I looked at George who smiled at me and nodded. We talked the rest of the way back to the castle. I had to find Draco, he would probably be eating now. "You go first. Ill come in soon, thank you George" I smiled at him and he smiled and nodded. He went in through the dark oak doors and I walked around the corridors for 10 minutes or so, I turned around and went back, and walked into the Great Hall. Smiled at Dumbledore and went over to Draco.

"Where have you been?" He asked suspiciously.

"I went to the Owlery, I wrote to another and Father telling them I got into Slytherin." I told him sitting down and helping myself to some bacon.

"How did you find your way there?" He asked, eyebrow raised.

"Dumbledore told me. He saw me writing the letter and told me how to get to there" I told him, not looking him in the eye. I hated lying to Draco. I always felt bad after, which is why I never looked him in the eye. Draco nodded slowly and went back to his food. He looked over at the Gryffindor table where the Weasleys were sat and snorted.

"Look at them. They're filthy. Embarrassment to the Wizard world, that's what they are. And why they let that Mudblood in here, I'll never know." He said shaking his head in disgust. "What do you have first"

"Defence against the Dark arts, and you?" I replied looking at his timetable. "We have all the same lessons together" I observed.

"Come on, we'll go early" Draco told me. I nodded, got up and followed him to a classroom. We entered the classroom and took the desk near the back. The class slowly started to fill up. Great, Potter, Weasley, Weasley and Longbottom and some others entered and took their seat. I looked at Draco and scowled at him, and he glared at them. A few minutes later, Gilderoy Lockheart entered the room and almost everyone gasped. Gilderoy Lockhart was our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.