Chapter 7

Evies POV

I had seen enough. I turned around and ran straight back to Dumbledore's office. I wasn't even paying attention where I was going and I bumped into something yet again. I looked up, as I had fell this time. Crap. McGonagall.

"Malfoy, what are you doing out in the corridors?" She hissed, her lips thin.

"I'm sorry Professor; I really must go to Dumbledore, you see the monster struck again and I-" I started but she cut me off.

"How do you mean the monster struck again? Has someone been petrified?"

"No, there is a message on the wall, 'Her body will lie in the Chamber forever' it says" I told her quickly, completely panicking. She must have noticed this because she rested a gentle hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Miss Malfoy, don't worry. Wait here with me as I will call for the teachers and you can go with Severus. He will know how to calm you down." She told me soothingly, seeing me now tear up. I led her to the wall and she put an announcement out all over the school for the teachers to join her. All the teachers started showing up gasping in horror as they read the message. Snape swooshed around the corner, his robes flowing elegantly. He saw Evie and immediately ran over to her.

"Malfoy, are you hurt?" He asked quickly, not noticing the wall. I pointed at the wall and as I looked again, my let's turned to jelly an I fell; hitting my head hard on the floor and was knocked unconscious.

I woke up what must have been days later, and started to squint. I made out the vague blurry shapes of my mother, father, Draco, Snape and Dumbledore all stood around my bed. Draco was clasping my hand right and it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. Draco squeezed my hand as though to let me know he was trhere and wasn't going anywhere, I squeezed it ever so slightly back, and he jumped out of his seat in shock. Father turned sharply out of his conversation and looked at Draco.

"She's awake" Draco stuttered. He sounded so tired. I had shut my eyes again so I my eyes were closed, but my hand was twitching ever so slightly. "She squeezed my hand, she hasn't done that since, you know"

"D-d-Draco?" I grumbled sleepily and opened my eyes slowly. Draco burst into tears and hugged me tightly and it seemed he never wanted to let go. I hugged him back and looked warily at father. Mother came rushing over to me.

"Evie, darling! Oh I've been so worried about you sweetheart!" She fussed, pushing my hair out of my eyes and behind my ear. I smiled at her as she kissed me gently on the forehead. It was almost as though everyone was taking their turns to talk to me. Mother shuffled away, the tears streaming down her face in happiness that her daughter had just awoken. Father nodded at me and his face was barely a smile, but I saw his lip flicker up ever so slightly, yet he looked furious at something. I nodded back at him.

"You gave us a fright Miss Malfoy" Dumbledore chuckled, Walking over to my and sitting on the very end, I sat up slowly to give him more space. He thanked me by throwing me a quick smile. "Now. There is a couple of things we need to discuss. Alone." He added, looking around at everyone. Draco and Mother hurried out yet father was reluctant. However after glaring at Dumbledore, he finally stalked out of the hospital wing. Now it was me, Professor Dumbledore and Snape left in the room. Dumbledore looked at Snape for a moment and Snape immediately knew to leave. He also, hurried out of the hospital wing.

"Is everything okay Professor?" I asked.

"Ah yes of course, just wanted to let you know. There's a couple of people who would like to apologise to you."

"Who?" I questioned.

"Harry, Ronald and Hermione. They said they used poly juice potion to transform into Crabbe and Goyle to question Draco about you. They would like to also apologise for ever suspecting you as now we found out who the real culprit was." Dumbledore told me. My heart skipped at this. I shot up and sat upright looking at him.