Chapter 12

A/n: sorry this chapter is long and it's based on one day, I feel like this day is pretty important, but next chapter I'm going to skip a few months and it'll almost be then end of the year! Hope yous are enjoying the story. But I'm just gonna get on with it, enjoy!

Harry's POV

once I made it back to my dormitory, I couldn't sleep. I was staring at the map, glaring at Evie's name, without even realising it. I also noticed that Dumbledore and Snape had just left her room. I shook my head trying to rid my thoughts of her and turned my gaze elsewhere on the map. I jumped when Ron suddenly jumped out of bed, brushing himself down. Panting in fear.

"Spiders.. they want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance!" He cried. I bit back the smirk.

"You tell those spiders Ron"

"Yeah I'll tell them, I'll tell them" He mumbled quietly, climbing back into his bed and immediately snoring again. I chuckled and shook my head. I looked down at the map again and my eyes landed on him. Peter Pettigrew. My heart started pounding in my chest, my mind racing with possibilities. Was he coming to get me to hand me over to Voldemort like he had my mum and dad? I quickly stood up, unaware of what I was doing, put my shoes on swiftly and left the common room. I ran to the corridor where Pettigrew was heading. I saw his name right before my own.

"Lumos" I mumbled, a ball of light appearing on the top of my wand. I could feel my heart in my throat, beating rapidly. I was now directly in front of him. But he was no where to be seen. I raised my wand higher, spinning around in all directions. I was breathing faster than usual, yet he was no where to be seen. I looked quickly and longingly back down at the map, but he had already ran past me and gone. "shit" I muttered. I looked at the map again, and saw Snape was almost right in-front of me. "mischief managed. Nox" I whispered quickly, the light of my wand disappearing and shoving the map into my hoodie pocket. I saw a ball of light in-front of me; and Snape was glaring at me.

"Potter. What are you doing, wandering the corridors at night?" He drawled, looking slightly amused, yet keeping his face as neutral, dark and mysterious.

"I was sleep walking" I lied. He eyed me suspiciously.

"Extraordinarily like your father you are Potter, he too was exceedingly arrogant. Strutting about the castle."

"My dad didn't strut! And nor do I. And so I would appreciate it if you could lower your wand" I spat. His wand was right up in my face. He scoffed, and lowered his wand down to my hoodie pocket was.

"Turn out your pockets" He burst out suddenly.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. The maps there! He can't find the map.

"Turn out. Your pockets" He repeated. I hesitantly took the map out of my pocket. "What's this?" He asked carefully, glaring at it.

"Bare bit of parchment" I lied again.

"Open it" He hissed. I obeyed and slowly opened the blank map. "Reveal your secrets" He declared clearly, pointing his wand at the map. I failed to bite back a smirk as I read over the writing that appeared over the cover of the map. "read it"

I took a deep breath to stop me from laughing, and started to slowly read "messrs, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape and-" I read out slowly. I didn't want to read this out loud because there was chance I wouldn't be able to contain my laughter.

"Go on"

"And request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other peoples buisness"

"Well you insolent little-" He snarled hatefully.